Who can preach a homily?

  • Thread starter Thread starter catholicma
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I am a Catholic, but in many items my views and beliefs are closer to the Protestant viewpoint.

I am sure the Protestants worship Jesus Christ in a right way. Maybe even their attitude towards Jesus is more appropriate than in the Catholic Church, where the cult of Mary and the Saints has become unproportional in view of what can be read in the Bible.
Ecclesial Communities do not have the Holy Sacrifice. They do not believe in the Real Presence of Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Blessed Sacrament. As a Catholic, I am sure that you realize that we are not Sola Scriptura. The Church has two pillars Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition.

With all due respect, perhaps you should strive to learn more about the Faith by reading this document issued by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, headed at the time of the promulgation, by the former Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, now Pope Benedict XVI:

adoremus.org/910-00DomJesus.html

This should prove helpful to you.
 
I am sure the Protestants worship Jesus Christ in a right way. .
Could you explain how telling Jesus Christ Himself that He is not there right in front of them and is really just a “piece of bread” is worshipping Christ in a right way?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top