Who is Apollos (in 1 Corinthians)?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Frankenfurter
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frankenfurter

Guest
Paul describes Apollos in 1 Corinthians as someone they must have known well. Who was he? What do we know about him?
 
According to Ignatius Study Bible:

A Christian leader from Alexandria (Northern Egypt) who ministered in Corinth after Paul’s initial stay in the city (3:5, Acts 18:24-19:1)
 
Apollos is also mentioned in Acts 18:24—19:1 and Titus 3:13.
 
OK Thanks, I didn’t connect those dots.

This answer makes me wonder if we can connect all of Paul’s letters to a point in Acts to understand when they were written in the flow of adventures described in Acts.
 
OK Thanks, I didn’t connect those dots.

This answer makes me wonder if we can connect all of Paul’s letters to a point in Acts to understand when they were written in the flow of adventures described in Acts.
Exactly. I’ve heard some talks that describe this, but you can see the letters in Corinth and Thessalonians and connect those dots. I think Romans was his last letter, but I can’t remember any more of the details.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top