Who is interested in making an online Catholic Study Bible?

  • Thread starter Thread starter COPLAND_3
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

COPLAND_3

Guest
I have started working on a project where I am making an online Catholic Study Bible. It will have footnotes based upon quotes from the Church Fathers and the Saints of the Church, and cross-references with other Bible passages as well as from the Catechism of the Catholic Church. I have already gotten some books of the Bible done but I have just scratched the surface. I have been praying about the possibility of having others get involved who are interested and grounded in the Catholic Faith and willing to follow some guidelines that will insure that the project goes in the direction of its intended purpose. If you are interested then contact me for further details. The site is here ocsb.wetpaint.com/ and to contact me is here litteralchristianlibrary.wetpaint.com/page/Contact+me

Thanks!
 
Copland,

What you propose is worthy and I sincerely commend you for doing this.

One question (and I ask this here, as I think others might want to know or might benefit from your answer): How do you propose to handle those scripture passages where there are some pretty definitive differences (even within the Catholic Church itself)?

My “go to” example is always Luke:1:28. I have always read that verse as “full of grace”, and the Holy Father, in the Immaculate Conception dogmatic proclamation references that very passage as scriptural authority for the dogma. Yet, the approved “official” bible for use in US churches is the NAB, which does NOT have “full of grace” - it has “highly favored” (or words to that effect).

Again - just curious how you will handle such differences . . .
 
Copland,

What you propose is worthy and I sincerely commend you for doing this.

One question (and I ask this here, as I think others might want to know or might benefit from your answer): How do you propose to handle those scripture passages where there are some pretty definitive differences (even within the Catholic Church itself)?

My “go to” example is always Luke:1:28. I have always read that verse as “full of grace”, and the Holy Father, in the Immaculate Conception dogmatic proclamation references that very passage as scriptural authority for the dogma. Yet, the approved “official” bible for use in US churches is the NAB, which does NOT have “full of grace” - it has “highly favored” (or words to that effect).

Again - just curious how you will handle such differences . . .
Excellent question! This study Bible has footnotes, not from me, but from the Church Fathers and other medival commentators, as well as from the Catechism of the Catholic Church. That is why I named it the “Traditional Catholic Study Bible.” I am only the compiler of the footnotes. If you look at the books that I have already completed you will find that there are places where I give more than one interpretation from more than one commentator. I hope that helps!
 
I have started working on a project where I am making an online Catholic Study Bible. It will have footnotes based upon quotes from the Church Fathers and the Saints of the Church, and cross-references with other Bible passages as well as from the Catechism of the Catholic Church. I have already gotten some books of the Bible done but I have just scratched the surface. I have been praying about the possibility of having others get involved who are interested and grounded in the Catholic Faith and willing to follow some guidelines that will insure that the project goes in the direction of its intended purpose. If you are interested then contact me for further details. The site is here ocsb.wetpaint.com/ and to contact me is here litteralchristianlibrary.wetpaint.com/page/Contact+me

Thanks!
I am loving this idea already
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top