Who is Jesus to you at this point in your life?

• Thread starter Thread starter Pilgrim525
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pilgrim525

He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” (Mt 16:15)

Yes, indeed! Who is Jesus to me at this point in my life? I must say that Jesus is everything to me…

First and foremost, He is my Father who provides for all my needs both temporal and spiritual; who loves me perfectly despite all my faults and imperfections; who kindly chastises me when I do wrong and who is quick to forgive me each time, while losing no time to take me back in His loving arms. He takes active role in the pursuit of my plans making certain that it suits His plans as well because He always knows what is best for me.

He is my `Big Brother’, my Best Friend and Confidante who always keeps me company in my times of solitude, thus, I never feel lonely even when I am alone; who patiently listens to my troubles and complaints; who staunchly defends me from malicious tongues and vindicates me when injustice has been done; who encourages me when I am down and out and constantly consoles and comforts me by inviting me to come and rest by His side; who gives me courage and strength in all the trials and tribulations of my life.

He is also my Spiritual Director who carefully guides my soul into the right path, smoothing my way or leading me through various obstacles. If my soul is a garden, He is the Gardener who takes out the dirt and pulls out the weeds so that the plants can grow more fruitfully. He has always guided me in the choice of books that I needed to read, for these books have served as the fertilizers which nurtured and continues to nurture my interior life.

If I am a ship, He is the Rudder which steers the course of the vessel. If I am a clay, He is the Potter who molds me into whatever form it would please Him to make of me. If I am a pen, He is the writer who makes use of me to bring His messages to whoever would have need of them. If I am a sheep He is the Good Shepherd eagerly watching over me as I graze about the greenfields; who calls me or picks me up whenever I stray. If I am a flower, He is the Stem; I would wither and die were I to be detached from Him. If I am a candle, He is the Wick for I would entirely be useless without Him. And if I have wings to fly, He would be the Wind beneath them. I am the handmaid, He is my Master and my Lord.

He is also our Business Partner who opens business opportunities for our company; our Financial Consultant who helps me resolve my cash flow problems and our Top Salesman who brings in the main bulk of our company’s total sales each month.

He is also my Healer who keeps me healthy physically and spiritually; my Bodyguard who delivers me from all road hazards and accidents, from reckless drivers and even from my own reckless imprudence at times; who continues to protect my house from malicious intruders. But most of all He is my Savior who suffered and died on the cross for me; my God and King who has promised a place for me in His heavenly Kingdom…

How about you, who do you say that He is in your life at this point in time?

God bless,
Nimfa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back