Who should we pray for?

• Thread starter Thread starter StephiePea
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StephiePea

I’m a new Catholic, and praying for the dead is something that I’m not very familiar with. Who should we pray for? Only those we know were Catholic, or can we pray for our loved ones that were not religious? I’m kinda confused, and a little sad that most of my deceased loved ones may not benefit from any prayer because they were not Christian. Please let me know what you know 😉

40.png
StephiePea:
I’m a new Catholic, and praying for the dead is something that I’m not very familiar with. Who should we pray for? Only those we know were Catholic, or can we pray for our loved ones that were not religious? I’m kinda confused, and a little sad that most of my deceased loved ones may not benefit from any prayer because they were not Christian. Please let me know what you know 😉
Pray for any deceased loved one you want to. You could also offer general prayers for all the souls in Purgatory.

40.png
StephiePea:
Dear Friend

You can offer any prayers you say at the end of your prayer ask for the release of souls in purgatory and for those you love to be with Jesus. You can offer a Mass said for them also. Time before the Blessed Sacrament and any prayer or devotion you say, you can offer, remember the souls of those gone before us and ask for mercy on them. The Holy Rosary is particularly helpful to souls gone before us.

All people who have died benefit from your prayers, as we do not know who is in heaven except for those who have been beatified. God alone only knows the hearts and souls of people, just because your relatives and loved ones were not Christian or practising a faith doesn’t mean in their last thoughts they did not think of God and ask for forgiveness, therefore you do not know their end, as no-one else does, therefore, pray for them and do so in the hope and mercy of Jesus Christ,

November is the month of Holy Souls and all those who have died and gone before us, dedicate all you do , all your sufferings and pains and prayers for the release of souls in purgatory and for all those who have died.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back