Who to pray to?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jkaim
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jkaim

Hi, I am new here. I know that God and the trinity are one. However, sometimes you hear someone says to Pray to Jesus… or Pray to God…or Ask the Holy Spirit for… Is there any “rules” for who to pray for? Sorry if this seems like a silly question, but I have always wondered but was afraid to ask. Glad to have this forum so I can ask the silly questions. Thank you!

40.png
Jkaim:
Hi, I am new here. I know that God and the trinity are one. However, sometimes you hear someone says to Pray to Jesus… or Pray to God…or Ask the Holy Spirit for… Is there any “rules” for who to pray for? Sorry if this seems like a silly question, but I have always wondered but was afraid to ask. Glad to have this forum so I can ask the silly questions. Thank you!
There are no rules about who to pray to. When you pray to any one person in the Trinity, you are praying to them all at the same time. Most of my personal prayers I say in a way that directs them to the Father - the Our Father - but they are still to the Son and the Holy Ghost. In mass we pray prayers that are directed to the Son - “Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.” - but they are also to the Father and to the Holy Ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back