E
ExLuxLucis
Guest
In John 1:19-28, the Pharisees question John the Baptist on his identity. The conversaion is below:
“Who art thou? And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ. And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.”
This is a rather famous passage. I’ve read all sorts of stuff from Muslims who say its Muhammad to Protestants who claim all sorts of random people are “that Prophet”.
I’m not really too interested in either criticizing or discussing these views here, rather, I want to know what Catholic scholars think of the idenity of this prophet. Anyone know? Thanks.
“Who art thou? And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ. And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.”
This is a rather famous passage. I’ve read all sorts of stuff from Muslims who say its Muhammad to Protestants who claim all sorts of random people are “that Prophet”.
I’m not really too interested in either criticizing or discussing these views here, rather, I want to know what Catholic scholars think of the idenity of this prophet. Anyone know? Thanks.