Why do my eggs crack open in the fridge?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ac_claire
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for me to throw some eggs in my freezer and see what happens 😃
you can freeze eggs, either break them into a freezer container, leave at least 1/2" headroom and freeze, or beat them and freeze the mix. It will work for scrambled eggs and some baking (probably cookies but not a delicate cake). There should be no need. If they have been around a while hard boil them and store them in the fridge and use in salads, as snacks, quick breakfast, devilled, sliced on a bagel, etc.

No way am I taking a chance on eggs outside the refrigerator, they are a major source of salmonella, so make sure they are well cooked. If they were intact when they went in the refrigerator and cracked later, you can probably use them scrambled or in baking. No need to dump them as long as they will be thoroughly cooked. I would still get a thermometer, and also check insulation and gasket and clean the coils in back.
 
Thanks for the replies. I turned my fridge temp down another notch and now I’m gonna keep the eggs on the shelf inside the door for good measure. Hopefully this’ll take care of the problem!
Just not to be too picky but if the fridge is too cold and your eggs break, you have to turn the temperature UP! 😛
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top