Why do some Protestants think continued

• Thread starter Thread starter tweedlealice
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tweedlealice

Continuing the discussion from Why do some Protestants think:
I’m trying to continue dialogue. Having problems. Trying a linked in tab??
That Catholics are worshipping idols and that they are apostates? In my version
I have many Bibles. None address the Catholic Church or its rituals. Below, is a synopsis of the first church. No where is our worship in the Mass defined. St.Peter is the Rock of the church. We call him POPE. Pope is not in scripture. EVERY DAY, MEET & BREAK BREAD is what we do.
What Bible do you have? Please.
42 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43 Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. 44 All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45 They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. 46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.

Last edited:
I already said what bible that I have it’s the recovery version. I also have the NABRE, NRSV, and the New Life Version.

Last edited:
Thank you for replying. Lots of posts.
Foot notes are opinions. We have many religions b/c a single verse is taken w/o the whole paragraph & chapter. Various chapters have to be considered. Our life experiences make our opinions. One may see a living soul, who latches onto a Saint. She/He feels comfortable at that level. We all believe in God. We know He is the power. The Rest is intercessory prayer.
This is what concerns me, a little. Followed by your fruits He will know us.
◄ Matthew 7:22 ►
Context
22“Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23“And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back