Why do you love God and why do you pray?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CRATUS
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CRATUS

Guest
Do you really believe God cares and will answer your prayers? If He say no, how do you respond? God does not change human nature nor does He control free-will. What is the point in praying? Most people return to their sins eventually anyways. Most of life is not fair. Fathers walk out on their families. Churches encourage you not to hold resentment but to forgive. It it unfair how some people actions deeply hurt other people for life. They can walk away free and it becomes your problem. There will always be the weak and the strong. There will always be bullies and easy-targets/weaklings. There will always be unfaithful spouses, corrupt priests, etc. Jesus expects to put full trust in Him that things will always be right for those who suffer, sacrifice their own happiness for others, I have yet to see this.
And for those who mistreat you in unimaginable ways, you must forgive and not judge them. This is precisely why it is annoys me when people are so against judging. Some people could murder your brother and if you resent him, now you are the sinner too. What is that all about? You should be content with your life no matter how terrible your situation is, because after all God gave you the gift of Life.
 
First of all, God does not ask us to be “content” with our lives. Secondly, it is okay to be angry at and emotionally hate people for things they have done. The only kind of anger that is of grave matter is the kind of anger that makes us wish for vengeance–like wanting the person to die or get seriously injured.

As regards to praying, God will always answer a prayer with a “yes,” “no,” or “not yet.” God knows what the best way to answer is and that is how He will answer it.

It is not mandatory to sacrifice happiness, although it is good to offer up sufferings to God for the good of others. We live in a fallen world and Jesus never promised us life here would be easy. Heaven is the only place where there is no suffering.

There are many reasons to love Him, including that if it were not for Him, nothing would exist, but what led me to love Him is that He suffered and died for us in a most agonizing way so that we could be saved no matter what sins we have committed. He did this out of love and He looks on you with that same love. Nothing you could ever do will ever change that.
 
I love God because He created me and I was born. I have one son and two beautiful grandchildren. I pray to God because I need his help everyday.
 
I love Jesus ,and have always , it seems as natural as breathing ,but there were many years when I was sceptical about all religion,as the one I grew up in had so much power ,but misused it, and did not teach enough about what Jesus actually said, so that
His word could inspire me in adulthood .

So I was a prodigal daughter, and in losing sight of religion I unfortunately lost sight of my Saviour and drifted away , and was very unhappy and became ill . The atheistic lefties gave me something the Church would not ,a chance to communicate ,learn and seek after social justice without being put down .
Generally God chooses people who are prodigals to do His serious work because they learn much that the ‘older son’ never ever learns , and can see both sides of the ‘story’ ,

So really you are saying that God either does’nt exist ,or that He is unfair .Neither is true ,but unfortunately you will have to wait a little longer to know this truth .

To make me better He showed me to use His natural médicine which he created for us ,and was the only médicine until the last two hundred years or so,and has no after effects . When I was beginning to get better physically , I still felt down ,and could not ‘make’ it completely as I was still not believing totally, being attached to my rational self and ‘knowledge’ . So I called out one night at 3 am and He has never left me since, although for a few yeas I wanted to follow my old ways and only pray when I needed something .When I started to ‘tune’ in everyday and talk to Him the little miracles came .

I began to 'listen to Him ,as well as pray, share His Word wiith others ,and now I am
a happy grandmother whose health is better than in 30 years .

God will reveal the ‘truth’ at the end ,and I promise you that there is a logic behind all
suffering which He will explain to you when you are ready .

I was impatient before ,partly out of fear and lack of contact ,but have learned to ‘have faith’ and wait ,and correct my thinking .🙂
 
Do you really believe God cares and will answer your prayers? If He say no, how do you respond?
Let me say, I am sorry you may have had a sense of futility in prayer and have had a difficult go in this fallen, disgusting, temporal world. I can only offer a few thoughts that are, likewise, not easy to accept. Just a few thoughts down the line:

Is the truth of the faith dependent on any difficulty of situation?

Christ prayed with beads of sweat falling from his head that he be spared the cup of blood. Yet, he was still crucified. Thus, is the truth of the faith dependent on any “answered” prayer? Or did Christ in some mysterious way demonstrate something else?

Even when we do not understand the ways of God, we have an example in St. Peter. When Christ asked him if he would walk away from him, Peter simply replied, “To whom shall we go?”

Accepting the underlying truth behind any of these ideas does not make suffer any less real. Sometimes I posit if God allows suffering because it takes greater love to remain with another during difficult times. In other words, does a husband abandon his wife when she falls ill because it is difficult and he prayed otherwise? Or if he stays, does a greater love penetrate the world? I wonder if God allows suffering because a greater love is only possible in its face.
 
The things you said, I would suggest that most Catholics, or rather, Christians ,
Would has said or thought exactly the same as you, you obviously are a person that lives in the Real world , where people are used & abused one way or another,
Well , the thing is, in one word, that word is Faith !
If you have no Faith, what do you have ? What is the purpose of it all ?
God &. Religion just don’t seem to fit into everyday living if you don’t live a religious life,
But , once you open your mind & heart to the real possibility that God really does exist ,
You find little signs to support your faith, I feel that God leaves Breadcrumbs for you to follow , , God doesn’t put up great big Neon Signs to follow, if your looking for big neon lights, then go outside on a cloudless night and see the stars,
Once you pick up the trail of breadcrumbs, your life will change for the better,
It also helps of course that you have family support in your faith,
 
The things you said, I would suggest that most Catholics, or rather, Christians ,
Would has said or thought exactly the same as you, you obviously are a person that lives in the Real world , where people are used & abused one way or another,
Well , the thing is, in one word, that word is Faith !
If you have no Faith, what do you have ? What is the purpose of it all ?
God &. Religion just don’t seem to fit into everyday living if you don’t live a religious life,
But , once you open your mind & heart to the real possibility that God really does exist ,
You find little signs to support your faith, I feel that God leaves Breadcrumbs for you to follow , , God doesn’t put up great big Neon Signs to follow, if your looking for big neon lights, then go outside on a cloudless night and see the stars,
Once you pick up the trail of breadcrumbs, your life will change for the better,
It also helps of course that you have family support in your faith,
Very nice and evoquative ,and of course if one sings hyms or songs they help us
greatly I find .
 
Very nice and evoquative ,and of course if one sings hyms or songs they help us
greatly I find .
Just a side note-it took me a long time to figure out your username and that of spedteacherita! Both are clever. 🙂
 
Just a side note-it took me a long time to figure out your username and that of spedteacherita! Both are clever. 🙂
*“KRATOS (or Cratus) was the god or daimon of strength, might, power and sovereign rule. He and his siblings, Nike (Victory), Bia (Force) and Zelos (Rivalry), were the winged enforcers of Zeus, angel-like beings who stood in attendance of the heavenly throne.”
*
Do you mean this???
 
"KRATOS (or Cratus) was the god or daimon of strength, might, power and sovereign rule. He and his siblings, Nike (Victory), Bia (Force) and Zelos (Rivalry), were the winged enforcers of Zeus, angel-like beings who stood in attendance of the heavenly throne."

Do you mean this???
No. I was referring to benotagoat and spedteacherita.
I kept pronouncing them different ways. I couldn’t figure out how they came up with them. Guess I am slow. LOL. Thanks for the background on CRATUS though.
 
No. I was referring to benotagoat and spedteacherita.
I kept pronouncing them different ways. I couldn’t figure out how they came up with them. Guess I am slow. LOL. Thanks for the background on CRATUS though.
I think that might be me, I didn’t even see the “benotagoat”…🙂
 
Why do you love God and why do you pray?
I honestly do not know why, but I feel that I have nothing better to do. If religion is a scam, I’m really not losing anything in this miserable and corrupt life.
 
Do you really believe God cares and will answer your prayers? If He say no, how do you respond? God does not change human nature nor does He control free-will. What is the point in praying? Most people return to their sins eventually anyways. Most of life is not fair. Fathers walk out on their families. Churches encourage you not to hold resentment but to forgive. It it unfair how some people actions deeply hurt other people for life. They can walk away free and it becomes your problem. There will always be the weak and the strong. There will always be bullies and easy-targets/weaklings. There will always be unfaithful spouses, corrupt priests, etc. Jesus expects to put full trust in Him that things will always be right for those who suffer, sacrifice their own happiness for others, I have yet to see this.
And for those who mistreat you in unimaginable ways, you must forgive and not judge them. This is precisely why it is annoys me when people are so against judging. Some people could murder your brother and if you resent him, now you are the sinner too. What is that all about? You should be content with your life no matter how terrible your situation is, because after all God gave you the gift of Life.
From the post I get the impression that you are rather young and your dad walked out on you.

My very great sympathy, that is indeed a hard one to take. And it can and does do a lot of harm, and I can’t tell you how much sorrow I have for you that this happened.

May Jesus hug hug and love you.
 
From the post I get the impression that you are rather young and your dad walked out on you.

My very great sympathy, that is indeed a hard one to take. And it can and does do a lot of harm, and I can’t tell you how much sorrow I have for you that this happened.

May Jesus hug hug and love you.
Not me personally. Someone very close to me. It seems unfair. Believing in God does not change people, family dynamics. My parents are church-going Catholics, but that did not prevent them from having an ugly divorce. I see myself. I attend mass every Sunday, I still have not miraculously became a saint. There are plenty of Atheists and Agnostics who are morally better than me. Although sin is completely a choice, there are some sins I just cannot shake off. I may not do it for months, then I find myself falling back into the same habits.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top