Why do you love God?

• Thread starter Thread starter trevor
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trevor

Hello All,

I haven’t seen this question yet. It’s a pretty straightforward question.

Why do you love God?

ybiC,
Trevor

Why do I love God??

I started writing all the reasons why I love Him and it started to sound like the 23rd Psalm… …. Funny, I never saw it till just now…:gopray: God is so good and I love Him more than I can put into my own words so I’ll use His :

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

In verdant pastures he gives me repose;

Beside restful waters He leads me;

He refreshes my soul.

He guides me in right paths

For His namesake.

Even though I walk in the dark valley

I fear no evil; for He is at my side

With your rod and your staff

That gives me courage.

You spread the table before me

In the sight of my foes;

You anoint my head with oil;

my cup overflows.

Only goodness and kindness follow me

All the days of my life;

And I shall dwell in the house of the Lord

For years to come…

:amen:

40.png
trevor:
Hello All,

I haven’t seen this question yet. It’s a pretty straightforward question.

Why do you love God?

ybiC,
Trevor
Because God is Love!

smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_22.gif

Because even though I am but a lowly sinner he still showers me with sooooo much love!

as the song says
‘oh, how i love Jesus
oh, how i love Jesuuuuus,
oh, how i love Jesus,
because He first loved me…’

Have you ever asked: Is it reasonable for God to love me? It’s said He loved us first…WHY?

I LOVE God because that is the reason why I was created . 👍 God Bless

Dear friend

To love God is to know who I am and I cannot know who I am nor my reason to exist unless I know God and to know God is to love Him. I cannot know Him and not love Him. He is love and His love for me and all humanity is such that it enkindles the heart so shallow and so easily drawn to sin to love and when I love God then begins my salvation because of His love of me. I am no longer a sinner with no heavenly family, I am a sinner with a Father, a Brother, Christ Jesus and the love between them, the Holy Spirit, I become a daughter of God by His love and I live in love because He has drawn me to Himself , drawn me to His love and to give love myself. In love of God all things in life are then in Divine order and that love does not remain within myself but becomes a living water flooding from myself to others and God’s love cannot be contained within my heart it bursts out as my heart cannot contain it but it flows through me to others. In loving God I love others.

Love is the simplest of things and yet there are no words adequate to describe it except to say Love is…Divine

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

40.png
springbreeze:
Dear friend

To love God is to know who I am and I cannot know who I am nor my reason to exist unless I know God and to know God is to love Him. I cannot know Him and not love Him. He is love and His love for me and all humanity is such that it enkindles the heart so shallow and so easily drawn to sin to love and when I love God then begins my salvation because of His love of me. I am no longer a sinner with no heavenly family, I am a sinner with a Father, a Brother, Christ Jesus and the love between them, the Holy Spirit, I become a daughter of God by His love and I live in love because He has drawn me to Himself , drawn me to His love and to give love myself. In love of God all things in life are then in Divine order and that love does not remain within myself but becomes a living water flooding from myself to others and God’s love cannot be contained within my heart it bursts out as my heart cannot contain it but it flows through me to others. In loving God I love others.

Love is the simplest of things and yet there are no words adequate to describe it except to say Love is…Divine

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa
Hi Teresa, Heart of my heart of His heart. We are united in Christ. 👍 God Bless

Hello Trevor,

There are many reasons. As others have stated, because God loves me. Loving God is God’s Great Commandment. Because Jesus tells me to Love God. Because my conscience tells me to obey God. God tells us that it is those who love Him who will enter into life through Jesus. God desires our love with all His heart. Our love for God, produced through free from the will of God obedience to the will of God, is the fruit of the Kingdom, the pearl of great fortune and your treasure in heaven. And loving God is man’s purpose in life. And. of course, many more reasons.

The truly facinating part of love for God is that we free willed humans have the capacity to love God. Here is the Maker of the universe and the One who is Omni-Powerful and eternal and I, a little spec in creation have the capacity to fulfill one of His greatest desires and love Him back.

NIV 1JO 5:3

This is love for God: to obey his commands.
And his commands are not burdensome.NIV JOH 14:15

"If you love me, you will obey what I command."

NAB DEU 7:9

Understand, then, that the LORD, your God, is God indeed, the faithful God who keeps his merciful covenant down to the thousandth generation toward those who love him and keep his commandments, but who repays with destruction the person who hates him; he does not dally with such a one, but makes him personally pay for it. You shall therefore carefully observe the commandments, the statutes and decrees which I enjoin on you today."

NIV JOH 14:23

Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.”
NAB JOH 15:22

“If I had not come to them and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; now, however, their sin cannot be excused. To hate me is to hate my Father. Had I not performed such works among them as no one has ever done before, they would not be guilty of sin; but as it is, they have seen, and they go on hating me and my Father.
****NAB 1CO 2:9

“Eye has not seen, ear has not heard, nor has it so much as dawned on man what God has prepared for those who love him.”

NAB LUK 12:31

Instead,
seek his kingdom**, and these other things will be given you besides. Do not be afraid any longer, little flock, for your Father is pleased to give you the kingdom. Sell your belongings and give alms. Provide money bags for yourselves that do not wear out, an inexhaustible treasure in heaven that no thief can reach nor moth destroy. For where your treasure is, there also will your heart be.**

NAB MAT 13:44"The reign of God is like a buried treasure which a man found in a field. He hid it again, and rejoicing at his find went and sold all he had and bought that field. Or again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant’s search for fine pearls. When he found one really valuable pearl, he went back and put up for sale all that he had and bought it."

Peace in Christ,
Steven Merten
www.ILOVEYOUGOD.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back