Why do you or don't you go to Mass and Confession?

• Thread starter Thread starter Tradcat89
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tradcat89

I was just wondering why you do or don’t go to Mass and Confession. I go to Confession and Mass because it gives me the graces neccesary to get through the rest of the week.

I go to confession to clear out the clutter and be strenghthened to walk a straighter path. I think I would spin out of control if I didn’t go to mass. There was a time in my life that Jesus’s love of me was so evident when I went and it was what got me through. Now it is more of a place where I know what I am there to do, and I do it. It is a quiet place with no demands that are too great. Worship is easy compared to so many other of life’s things. Of course, I have faith that there are graces at mass that keep me going, but they are less obvious than before.

I go to mass because it’s the greatest prayer of all. It’s where we receive the Eucharist, which is the whole point of mass.

I go to confession because I like to have a clean soul. When I die, I would prefer to spend as little time in Purgatory as possible. I always feel better after confession. The priest usually has some good advice to give. Christ speaks to me through the priest.

I go to Mass because it’s the most wonderful place in the world to be. Spiritually, because there is nothing better than being in the presence of Christ with your brothers and sisters. I love to sing there, to pray, and to receive Holy Communion. I’d go everyday, all day if I could.

I go to Confession because I love being cleansed of my sins. I love having the feeling of absolute purity when I leave the Confessional, knowing that I have been absolved from my sins. Plus, Confession helps keep me from sinning. If I’m tempted to do something bad, I just think “I’m going to have to confess this. Do I really want to have to go through the pain and embarressment of telling someone that I did this?” The answer is usually “no”.

I love Confession because I choose to love Confession. Before I became a Catholic this past year, I just decided that I was going to love the Confessional because I was tired of everyone complaining about how difficult it was and how they didn’t want to do it.

Mass and Confession are two of the Lord’s greatest gifts. I couldn’t live without them. I go to Mass at least once a week, and Confession at least every two.

Scout 👋

i go to mass because it’s heaven on earth. if you haven’t read ‘lamb’s supper’ by scott hahn, i highly recommend it. i’m a convert (from a baptist background) and i loved the mass dearly, and go to daily mass almost every day, even before i read that book. it deeply enriched my mass experience when i read it.

i go to mass to be with Him.

i go to confession to get the ‘stuff’ out of the way between God and myself, and to be able to partake fully in mass.

I go to mass to join and participate in the wedding feast of the Lamb. (Lamb’s Supper - good book)

I don’t go to confession and abuse God’s forgiveness.

I do go to confession once I have examined my conscience well enough and sincerely repent from my sins. (and this could take a while) That I may be worthy to be forgiven. 🙂

The more I attend mass and confession, the better I feel about myself and it increases my spirituality. Unfortunately, I can only attend mass once during the weekday on Wednesday afternoons. I always fulfill my obligation on the weekend. I can’t wait until tomorrow, I need the graces, had a bad day today.

I go to Confession every oppurtunity I have, unfortunatly thats less than once a month.

I go to Mass Daily. Its given me strength to overcome my troubles. It has given me the courage to face my fears and given me the power to do the impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back