Why does having faith in God come with more?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Justanothercatholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Justanothercatholic

Guest
I believe in the Church that Christ himself founded. I believe in the Eucharist, the other six sacraments, and other such major teachings. So why, as a Catholic, am I obligated to believe so much more about the world we live in? And can I be an upstanding Catholic if I disagree with a few things the Church teaches, but I believe in the fundamental doctrines?
 
The Church teaches so much more because Christ’s teachings are so much more. For example, Jesus told us to love one another. Books could written to explain that commandment. Actually, many books have been written, and the Catechism is one of the best of them. The Church helps us to understand the teachings of Christ and apply them faithfully to our lives.
 
You are not required to, I believe, but it is to your spiritual benefit to know more about the faith.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top