Why doesn't Christ sit on a throne like the Father?

  • Thread starter Thread starter The_Catholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The_Catholic

Guest
If Christ is Eternal God then why doesn’t he sit on a throne aside to the Father as the Father sits in a throne? He only sits on the right side of God.

I need a good answer for my friend.
 
I suppose that would depend on which icon/painting/artistic representation you are referring to. Most of what I have seen have the two side by side on identical thrones/chairs/whatever.
I think my friend would respond saying: “The Bible says the Father sits on a throne and the Son sits aside to Him, but not on a THRONE.”

See what I mean 🙂
 
I think my friend would respond saying: “The Bible says the Father sits on a throne and the Son sits aside to Him, but not on a THRONE.”

See what I mean 🙂
WHAT Bible verse is that? Or is it that allagory of Revelations?
 
I have always wondered this myself I hope someone will give a good answer
 
If Christ is Eternal God then why doesn’t he sit on a throne aside to the Father as the Father sits in a throne? He only sits on the right side of God.

I need a good answer for my friend.
First, God, being Pure Spirit, is then, of course, not seated on a throne of any sort. His Throne spoken of in Scripture symbolizes His Sovereign Majesty and Authority.

Second, here is this from Revelation:
Then he showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. There shall no more be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and his servants shall worship him. . .(Rev. 22:1-3).
So, the throne of God and that of the Lamb (Jesus, Crucified and Risen) is one and the same.
 
From tommorrow’s Office of Readings - Revelation 3:21
I will give the victor the right to sit with me on my throne, as I myself first won the victory and sit with my Father on his throne.
 
Hello The Catholic,

Jesus was eternally begotten of God. The Father was not eternally begotten of God. I think this is the difference that you are trying to get at.

Please visit: Jesus Loves God
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top