Why the emphasis on Confession/Sacrament of Reconcilliation only at Christmas and Easter?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CatholicMedic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
At my parish we have the usual hour on Saturday, plus by appointment, but for whatever reason, people totally make appointments. I know of several people, myself included, who are not a bit shy about calling or even catching the priest before LotH to ask for confession after Mass. Whenever I’ve gone to the scheduled time, there are always half a dozen people there. When I phone, he always gets me in the same day, sometimes even when my schedule is very tight. It is clearly a priority for him. We don’t hear about it a whole lot in homilies, but certainly at the beginning of Lent and Advent, when he invites people to communal Reconciliation.
We have booths, and rarely is it face to face in my parish. I prefer it this way, since it helps me remember that I confess to Jesus in the person of the priest.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top