M
MarcusAndreas
Guest
I understand it was chopped out of the funeral liturgy of the ordinary form (I think it’s in the 1962 missal? Is this correct?)
Why was it removed?
Why was it removed?
I understand it was chopped out of the funeral liturgy of the ordinary form (I think it’s in the 1962 missal? Is this correct?)
Why was it removed?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dies_IraeIn 1970, the Dies Iræ was removed from the Missal and since 1971 has been proposed ad libitum as a hymn for the Liturgy of the Hours at the Office of Readings, Lauds and Vespers. For this purpose stanza 19 was deleted and the poem divided into three sections: 1–6 (for the Office of Readings), 7–12 (for Lauds) and 13–18 (for Vespers). In addition Qui Mariam absolvisti in stanza 13 was replaced by Peccatricem qui solvisti so that that line would now mean, “You who freed/absolved the sinful woman”. In addition a doxology is given after stanzas 6, 12 and 18:[3]