wikki

• Thread starter Thread starter SFX
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SFX

Sorry if I have the spelling wrong, I’ve only seen it in print once. What is wikki?

SFX

Are you referring to Wicca? If so, I’ll refer you to Heathen Dawn, the Forums resident Wiccan.

40.png
SFX:
Sorry if I have the spelling wrong, I’ve only seen it in print once. What is wikki?

SFX
It sounds like something from an 80’s rap song…wikki wikki wikki

Sorry…I couldn’t resist :whistle:

40.png
mtr01:

Oooh! Oooh! I know!

“Wikki Don’t Lose That Number” by Steely Dan!

What do I win?

Actually, I think it might refer to the free encyclopedia Wikipedia.

The Barrister:
Oooh! Oooh! I know!

“Wikki Don’t Lose That Number” by Steely Dan!

What do I win?
Yes, you win a batch of freshly baked anchovy and limberger muffins. Where shall I send them. 😛

WikkiTikkiTavi is a mongoose, from Kiplings Jungle books.

Wikki is the online content repositories that users can freely modify - expand, change, link, or delete entries.

Now I go eat my kiwi.

Catholic Answers discussed wikki. It is a healing procedure (Yogi type) where you call upon your inner universal force to cure your problems…astma Etc. It is very dangerous to Catholics. It can possibly lead to occultism. The person who called in was advised to abandon this practice. This practice seems to be a New Age type of procedure. The information probably spreads by word of mouth. There are therapists? setting up now. Beware… Deacon Tony SFO

Deacon Tony560:
Catholic Answers discussed wikki. It is a healing procedure (Yogi type) where you call upon your inner universal force to cure your problems…astma Etc. It is very dangerous to Catholics. It can possibly lead to occultism. The person who called in was advised to abandon this practice. This practice seems to be a New Age type of procedure. The information probably spreads by word of mouth. There are therapists? setting up now. Beware… Deacon Tony SFO
That is reiki

No matter how you spell it, it spells trouble.

May God bless you,
Deacon Tony

40.png
mtr01:

Dearest Mtr…

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

40.png
tru_dvotion:
WikkiTikkiTavi is a mongoose, from Kiplings Jungle books.

Wikki is the online content repositories that users can freely modify - expand, change, link, or delete entries.

Now I go eat my kiwi.
No, that’s Rikki Tiikki Tavi.

The mongoose who saves the boy from the snake.

Hmmm…

Deacon Tony560:
No, it’s “reiki” (pronounced “RAY-kee”) that is that “healing procedure.” It does not “lead to” occultism.

It IS occult. :eek:

We Catholics are to stay away from it!

Since then, I learned how very dangerous it is to get involved with any action like that, which is an occult action.

There’s a program at Living His Life Abundantly (a Catholic show) on EWTN about things like reiki and wicca.

lhla.org/search.php

lhla.org/videos/vcna.htm?PHPSESSID=0cd1cebfffbef8c9292b22c6d245f295

New Age, Yoga, Reiki: Health or Stealth
(Clare McGrath Merkle)
Code:
Tape 1: Crystals, astrology, tarot cards, yoga, reiki, channeling, wicca, and psychic readings. All of these activities and techniques have made their way into mainstream culture today. The media, business, education, and even medicine have all been affected by it. But, most alarming, so have many Christian churches, Catholic parishes, Retreat Houses, and Institutions. In this 3 part series we will discuss these practices and techniques in light of the provisional document issued by two councils of the Holy Catholic church entitled Jesus Christ – The Bearer of the Water of Life: A Christian Reflection on the “New Age”.
Tape 2: Yoga, tai chi, healing touch, reiki – all of these practices are rooted in a belief system espousing that God is an impersonal universal life force accessible through a constellation of techniques which, when encountered, will bring wholeness, health, balance, well-being, and enlightenment. Is this belief compatible with Christianity? Do healing and wholeness come from such practices? What is the force driving these techniques? Our guest, a past student and practitioner of the eastern healing arts, answers these questions for us.

Tape 3: Reiki: many are touting its benefits and its effectiveness as a healing technique. In fact, it has become a standard practice in some hospitals and clinics, and has even gained amazing entrance into Catholic retreat houses and parishes. Does reiki bring healing? Is reiki the healing power Jesus used to perform His miracles as some assert? Can Catholics use reiki or practice reiki? Just what is reiki, where does it come from, how does one get it, and in what is it rooted? Clare Merkle, a past student and practicioner of the eastern healing arts will answer these questions.

(3 Video Tapes)
(3 Audio Tapes)
(3 Cd’s)

==================

Clare McGrath Merkle’s Web site is chock full of info! If you listen to her story, you’ll learn how she was so dangerously mis-led by New Age and how much of a struggle it was for her to be released from it.

From that experience of healing, the Lord has clearly led her to fight against New Age fallacies that leak into our world.

**The Cross and the Veil: A Catholic Web Resource For Spiritual Discernment **

crossveil.org/

There, you’ll find a link on her home page to:

REIKI AND TANTRIC MAGIC
Healing or Hell?

crossveil.org/page9.html

Hope you find this information enlightening about the fact that in no way is reiki a “safe” method for healing because it is, in fact, an occult practice. Not Christian, at all.

" Reiki posits that unseen “energy” paths exist throughout the body that need only be charged with positive energy to restore each network of pathways and to restore health to the body. "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back