Will 2006 be a Papal "Year of...."?

• Thread starter Thread starter awalt
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

awalt

As we draw to a close in the Year of the Eucharist, I was pondering whether Pope Benedict will establish a them for 2006. What do you think?

I am hoping for Liturgy of the Mass. Let’s focus on eliminating the abuse at Mass (especially after last Saturday). The parish I belong to was having an outdoor Mass for the 75th anniversary of the school, I attended a nearby parish for Mass. I decided to do this since the diocese is looking to consolidate all four Southfield parishes into one parish. What I saw, I did not really like. The priest forgot the Gloria and held the hand of the altar server during the Out Father:bigyikes: If St. Michaels is consolidated, with this parish, I will probably be looking for a new one.

PF

I voted year of reconcilliation. I think that is badly needed-that all are reconcilled to God. A greater awareness of sin and consequences of sin, and how the LOrd has dealt with this and how we can receive grace with regular use iof the sacrament. wouldnt every one going to confession x2 month be amazin!

Still dont think he will call a year for anything. do they not usually leave it a year till the next one anyway!

The year of the Catholic Family.
Even though I am single, the family unit is being threatened from gay marriage to secularization of society. If the focus is on the Catholic Family (AND the Holy Family as the model) then maybe the family unit will be strengthened.

The father is supposed to be ‘the Christ-gigure’ of the family and the home is to be ‘like a church’ or centerpiece of the family.

communion/reconciliation with other religions (Judaism, Islamic, Protestant, etc.)
…“that they all may be one”…:yup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back