Will Jesus Judge Us?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Heartfelt
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Heartfelt

Guest
I had a talk with a Protestant today who said that Jesus will not judge us, that we are covered by Jesus’ blood and that there will be no more judgement. But I’m confused, because there are scriptures that say we will be judged by Christ and also for every word we say. I understand what is being said, that Christ died for our sins, but then I don’t understand the scriptures that speak about judgement. I know there is the mercy seat of Christ, but again…why would it say in scripture that we are to be judged and yet at the same time, many Bible reading people out there say we won’t be judged…that Christ paid the price. So which one is it?

For example, 2 Cor 5:10: “For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad”

To me, that sounds like we are going to be judged and yet we know God is merciful, but yet, there is a judgement, is there not? I felt like I was told today that Christ paid the price and basically I zip right off to heaven, no questions asked. I just can’t seem to understand why a sola scriptura Protestant would refute this scripture/ Of course I’d love to believe I get the full zip off to heaven, but obviously there is judgement, is there not? I’m confused!!!

What do you all think? Am I thinking correctly here? I’d love to hear your opinions!
 
If we were to use the analogy of the court system, perhaps we would view it this way.

Jesus, our redeemer, paid our bail.
We still have to appear before the judge (who by the way is merciful to those who repent and seek Him)
There will probably be costs (reparations for our sins) to pay.
But, the Judge will determine the amount. Our repentance may be enough, but just in case, we should be ready to face the responsibilities of our actions (sins).
If the judge declares, “someone must pay the debt.” and then in the next instant adds, “and I see here that the debt has been paid in full…”

by all means, fall to your knees and THANK HIM with all that’s left of your being!

Peace!
 
If we were to use the analogy of the court system, perhaps we would view it this way.

Jesus, our redeemer, paid our bail.
We still have to appear before the judge (who by the way is merciful to those who repent and seek Him)
There will probably be costs (reparations for our sins) to pay.
But, the Judge will determine the amount. Our repentance may be enough, but just in case, we should be ready to face the responsibilities of our actions (sins).
If the judge declares, “someone must pay the debt.” and then in the next instant adds, “and I see here that the debt has been paid in full…”

by all means, fall to your knees and THANK HIM with all that’s left of your being!

Peace!
i love your answer.🙂
 
Hi, Jesus is our redeemer, but, we still have to choose his redemption. That entails following him the best we can by following his commandments, and loving God and our neighbor. It is possible to both lose and gain salvation. This is why we should constantly rely on God and do his will. Jesus has paid the price for our salvation, but that doesn’t mean we get a free pass to do as we please.
 
Before we die we don’t know with 100% certainty-and neither does your Protestant friend-whether or not we’re saved. The truth, regarding how we live our lives, rather than merely what we believe to be true about our faith in Jesus-will judge us.
 
If we were to use the analogy of the court system, perhaps we would view it this way.

Jesus, our redeemer, paid our bail.
We still have to appear before the judge (who by the way is merciful to those who repent and seek Him)
There will probably be costs (reparations for our sins) to pay.
But, the Judge will determine the amount. Our repentance may be enough, but just in case, we should be ready to face the responsibilities of our actions (sins).
If the judge declares, “someone must pay the debt.” and then in the next instant adds, “and I see here that the debt has been paid in full…”

by all means, fall to your knees and THANK HIM with all that’s left of your being!

Peace!
Peace indeed for Jesus said “I have come not to judge the world but to save it” and the judge will say the judgement is this “do you believe that Jesus Christ the son of God died for the forgiveness of sin”- learn here to answer yes and hear the judge say if you truly believe this then there are no sins to forgive “come ye blessed of my son” inherit the kingdom prepared for you - twinc
 
=Heartfelt;6882802]I had a talk with a Protestant today who said that Jesus will not judge us, that we are covered by Jesus’ blood and that there will be no more judgement. But I’m confused, because there are scriptures that say we will be judged by Christ and also for every word we say. I understand what is being said, that Christ died for our sins, but then I don’t understand the scriptures that speak about judgement. I know there is the mercy seat of Christ, but again…why would it say in scripture that we are to be judged and yet at the same time, many Bible reading people out there say we won’t be judged…that Christ paid the price. So which one is it?

For example, 2 Cor 5:10: “For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad”

To me, that sounds like we are going to be judged and yet we know God is merciful, but yet, there is a judgement, is there not? I felt like I was told today that Christ paid the price and basically I zip right off to heaven, no questions asked. I just can’t seem to understand why a sola scriptura Protestant would refute this scripture/ Of course I’d love to believe I get the full zip off to heaven, but obviously there is judgement, is there not? I’m confused!!!

What do you all think? Am I thinking correctly here? I’d love to hear your opinions!
***THEY are not even close to thee TRUTH of the issue. It’s errant foundation is “once saved always saved.” ANTI-Biblical nonsence.

However Judgment is OUR DOING, not God’s.* It is we ourselves by our persoanl choices that decide our Eternity of wither heaven or hell. God’s role is to affirm our personal choices.**

How can we know this?

The Created Universe has BILLIONS of stars and planets, BUT ONLY ONE; earth can sustain life. WHY?

On planet earth there are hundreds of THOUSANDS of living things; BUT ONLY ONE; humanity can know God, can choose to love God in return; or can choose NOT TO LOVE GOD in return.** WHY?**

Isa.43 Verses 7 and 21: “every one who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.” v. 21 “the people whom I formed for myself that they might declare my praise.”

ONLY humanity posses the Godly gifts of mind, intellect and freewill, connected to there souls. There existence can be demonistrated [you’re reading this is proof], but NONE of these SPIRITUAL Things can be quantified. So WHY does God give them to us?

So we can freely choose to know, love and serve God in this life and be rewarded by Him with etrnal life in heaven. ONLY HUMANITY Created in the Image of God has this potential. [Gen. 1:26-27].

Because God’s love for us is PERFECT, God permits humanity to freely decide the issue.

God has a GRAVE moral obbligation to make available to EVRY human person SUFFICIENT grace to know Him and understand what is necesary for salvation; but it is always and everytime human freewill choices that make the decissions. GOD ONLY AFFIRMS OUR DECISSIONS!

The simplistic notion that humanity does not have to suffer; does not have to endure hardships is simply rediculious. God freely chose to suffer; but somehow mankind does not is anti-biblical. Suffering has no benefit? NONSENSE!

If suffering was NOT NECESSARY; what merit does it have?

Take Up your Cross and Follow Me

**Phil.2: 8 **“And being found in human form he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even death on a cross Luke.9 :23 And he said to all, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. Mark.8: 34 And he called to him the multitude with his disciples, and said to them, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. **Luke.9: 23 And he said to all, “If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. Luke.14: 7 Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me, cannot be my disciple.” Matt.5: 19 “Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. “ Matt.19: 17 “And he said to him, "Why do you ask me about what is good? One there is who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments." John 20:19-23 John.20 Verses 20 to 23]” When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. Jesus said to them **again, “Peace be with you. **As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.” **And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

Love and prayers,
Pat
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top