Will Our Lady be judged on judgement day?

• Thread starter Thread starter Paul_Edwards
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paul_Edwards

It appears St Thomas never directly answered this, did any of the saints or popes answer this question? Will Our Lady be exempt from judgement on judgement day? After all, she committed no errors to judge, and She is the Queen of Heaven and will still be Queen on judgement day.

Will Our Lady be exempt? Will anyone else be exempt? I assume she will be exempt and wonder if any theologians ever discussed this question in history.

Last edited:
We all have our personal judgement right after death. The general judgement is only a public announcement of the overall judgement of humanity and confirms the personal judgement.

I can’t answer for our Lady, but if she was, she never sinned and lived a life perfectly in God’s will. Her’s would have been the best ever!

Last edited:
No, It is Catholic teaching and it is Ex Cathedra she was assumed into heaven. All the Saints are in heaven. We know they are in heaven, that is what makes them saints.

Someone correct me but I believe that Mary will be judged in way as all saints will. That in the Judgment Day her glory will be shown as of everyone righteous. Especially because she is Mother of God and her role in history of salvation.

Everyone will be judged not to change are they in Hell or Heaven but in way that all their work and secrets will be known, we will know why something happened in our lives that we now don’t understand.
Our bodies will resurrect and will be united with soul.

Do not be amazed at this, because the hour is coming in which all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and will come out, those who have done good deeds to the resurrection of life, but those who have done wicked deeds to the resurrection of condemnation. John 5,28-29

Cathecism of Catholic Church about Judgment Day:
1039 In the presence of Christ, who is Truth itself, the truth of each man’s relationship with God will be laid bare.626 The Last Judgment will reveal even to its furthest consequences the good each person has done or failed to do during his earthly life:
All that the wicked do is recorded, and they do not know. When “our God comes, he does not keep silence.”. . . he will turn towards those at his left hand: . . . "I placed my poor little ones on earth for you. I as their head was seated in heaven at the right hand of my Father - but on earth my members were suffering, my members on earth were in need. If you gave anything to my members, what you gave would reach their Head. Would that you had known that my little ones were in need when I placed them on earth for you and appointed them your stewards to bring your good works into my treasury. But you have placed nothing in their hands; therefore you have found nothing in my presence."627
1040The Last Judgment will come when Christ returns in glory. Only the Father knows the day and the hour; only he determines the moment of its coming. Then through his Son Jesus Christ he will pronounce the final word on all history. We shall know the ultimate meaning of the whole work of creation and of the entire economy of salvation and understand the marvelous ways by which his Providence led everything towards its final end. The Last Judgment will reveal that God’s justice triumphs over all the injustices committed by his creatures and that God’s love is stronger than death.628
https://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p123a12.htm

Last edited:
During the Last Judgment the good and the evil will both appear. Judgment in this case doesn’t mean condemnation. Jesus says that at the Last Judgment he will praise the righteous.

What Jesus actually said about the Last Judgment should help end the concern of the original paster:

Matthew 25:31-46
The Judgment of the Nations
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, 33 and he will put the sheep at his right hand and the goats at the left. 34 Then the king will say to those at his right hand, ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35 for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? 38 And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing? 39 And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?’ 40 And the king will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.’ 41 Then he will say to those at his left hand, ‘You that are accursed, depart from me into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not give me clothing, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44 Then they also will answer, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not take care of you?’ 45 Then he will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ 46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back