Wondering about sinful thoughts

  • Thread starter Thread starter Italy1219
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Italy1219

Guest
I’ve been struggling recently with various types of sinful thoughts. Usually I reject them immediately. What will happen sometimes, though, is that a thought will come in to my head and sit there for a moment before I realize that it is wrong, at which point I will reject it. Is this a sin and, if so, what kind? Is there anything I can/should do about this?
 
No. It may be venial but as long as you don’t act on it you are okay.
For example something I notice when you battle lust is that after some days, it is almost like demons are throwing that stuff in your head left and right! Even asleep dreams begin to be about that( note dreams we have no control over so this is not a sin), but what I mean by this is that when we are staying pure or rejecting sin, Satan will tempt us will all he has; and it is not easy.
As for you, don’t be so hard on yourself, you are doing the best you can and God is pleased that you are staying from acting in sin.
 
Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with asking Fr. But what he describes here doesn’t constitute mortal sin so I wouldn’t make it seem like he has to run to confession. If he goes sure, ask father. But if he goes every two weeks or once a month( though frequent confession is encouraged), I wouldn’t say what he describes constitutes having to go to confession before he can receive the Eucharist or anything like that.
 
You cannot keep the birds from flying over your head.

You can keep them from making a nest in your hair.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top