Work sin or not question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bluesfan19
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bluesfan19

Guest
I currently work from home during the day. I wanted to go to confession because I have been struggling with purity. I called a priest and schedule a confession during my work shift. I saved break time and I had 30 minutes worth of break. I ended up having to go over instead I’m telling my boss the truth. I made something up for the additional 15 minutes that I was missing online. Is this a serious sin or venial sin? Is it a sin at all because it was the only time available for confession and I couldn’t go later. Yes I could go on the weekend but I have a bad conscious until I go to confession. Thoughts??
 
Last edited:
I would say that in any case, this is not serious sin. I doubt that it is grave matter, and even if it is, mortal sin presupposes knowledge, which you plainly did not have.
 
The original plan did not involve you cutting into work time correct? I also think that if your work is not significantly affected by the delay of 15 minutes, and you intended to make up for it later, it would at the most be far on the lesser side of venial sin.
 
Last edited:
The original plan was just to use break time. I was trying to use the break time to go
 
Then I would say that as your Confession took longer than expected and you had every intention to return within your break time (as well as making up for lost time later) you did not sin from what I know. However, God is the only one who can judge a soul. Maybe next time you could schedule Confession outside of work hours? Most priests are very accommodating in this respect.
 
Last edited:
I currently work from home during the day. I wanted to go to confession because I have been struggling with purity. I called a priest and schedule a confession during my work shift. I saved break time and I had 30 minutes worth of break. I ended up having to go over instead I’m telling my boss the truth. I made something up for the additional 15 minutes that I was missing online. Is this a serious sin or venial sin? Is it a sin at all because it was the only time available for confession and I couldn’t go later. Yes I could go on the weekend but I have a bad conscious until I go to confession. Thoughts??
What are the terms of your work-from-home program?

I would expect any reasonable work-from-home program to allow for a degree of flexibility away from the desk. For all you know, going over and making up for it was perfectly within the terms of the work-from-home arrangement.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top