Worship, to Worship, ways to Worship, etc

• Thread starter Thread starter go_Leafs_go
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

go_Leafs_go

What exactly is worship? Is singing someone’s praises worship? How do we distinguish Worship for God and worship of others but not as different Gods?

Is taking the Eucharist the Catholic way of worship?

i need help in the differences here in trying to discuss with my protestant girlfriend why I don’t feel as though I am actually worshipping God at her Church. Though I enjoy singing, etc, and I find it entertaining, I feel as though I’m really missing something. Help please!!!

Worship is giving glory to something. This is different than praise. Praise can be given to other people for a job well done, but glory is given to God alone simply by virtue of the fact that He is God. Even if He didn’t do anything to deserve our praise, His existence alone is sufficient.

Eucharist is the ultimate form of worship, because it is an actual partaking of the divine nature. Christ spiritually *and *physically comes to dwell within us. But it’s not the only form. Singing, prayer, acts of fasting and penance, all of these are forms of worship when directed toward God. What’s missing at your girlfriend’s church is not worship, but the physical presence of the recipient of that worship, Jesus Christ, present in the Eucharist.

go Leafs go: What exactly is worship? Is singing someone’s praises worship? How do we distinguish Worship for God and worship of others but not as different Gods?

The word worship has come to have several meanings, but at one time worship meant to offer sacrifice.

First off, Catholics don’t “take” the Eucharist, we receive it. And yes, the distinction is important. 😉 Catholics aren’t worshiping by receiving the Eucharist but by the priest together with the people, if any are present, offering the re-presentation of the one sacrifice of Christ as a part of the consecration of the bread and the wine.

i need help in the differences here in trying to discuss with my protestant girlfriend why I don’t feel as though I am actually worshiping God at her Church. Though I enjoy singing, etc, and I find it entertaining, I feel as though I’m really missing something. Help please!!!

You aren’t worshiping at her church because they are not offering the sacrifice of Christ to the Father at her church. It’s just that simple.

go Leafs go:
What exactly is worship? Is singing someone’s praises worship? How do we distinguish Worship for God and worship of others but not as different Gods?

i need help in the differences here in trying to discuss with my protestant girlfriend why I don’t feel as though I am actually worshipping God at her Church. Though I enjoy singing, etc, and I find it entertaining, I feel as though I’m really missing something. Help please!!!
In the Catholic church such items as the rossary, the Way of the Cross, collective prayer, or deep prayer are known as devotions. These are in no way confused with worship. This difference is what you are observing.

why are there like 5 threads going on this exact topic right now?

40.png
bengal_fan:
why are there like 5 threads going on this exact topic right now?
lol, I just noticed the same thing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back