N
nivi2148
Guest
Hi everyone,
I am going to a fan convention this Friday and Saturday. The convention is based around Korean music and Korean culture. I got tickets for my brother and I since we both love kpop and share the interest. We bond over it so I thought it would be fun to go. However, the majority of the kpop fanbase tends to have a very idolatrous nature towards being a fan of these Korean singers and bands. Throughout the convention there are many games and activities to participate in with other kpop fans. Such as dance games, panels, and even the opportunity to see kpop groups perform or meet them. However would my brother and I be presenting scandal in anyway by participating in these activities and interacting with other fans who tend to idolize the topic of the convention? I also worry that I am causing some type of at least indirect scandal by buying tickets to a convention that was literally made for fans of that nature and by giving it business every year, giving it money and support to stay open for it to do so. I already bought two unrefundable tickets so I don’t know how I would get out of it if I needed to haha. But on a serious note I just don’t want to encourage anyone to do anything bad. Even if it is in an indirect way. Thank you
I am going to a fan convention this Friday and Saturday. The convention is based around Korean music and Korean culture. I got tickets for my brother and I since we both love kpop and share the interest. We bond over it so I thought it would be fun to go. However, the majority of the kpop fanbase tends to have a very idolatrous nature towards being a fan of these Korean singers and bands. Throughout the convention there are many games and activities to participate in with other kpop fans. Such as dance games, panels, and even the opportunity to see kpop groups perform or meet them. However would my brother and I be presenting scandal in anyway by participating in these activities and interacting with other fans who tend to idolize the topic of the convention? I also worry that I am causing some type of at least indirect scandal by buying tickets to a convention that was literally made for fans of that nature and by giving it business every year, giving it money and support to stay open for it to do so. I already bought two unrefundable tickets so I don’t know how I would get out of it if I needed to haha. But on a serious note I just don’t want to encourage anyone to do anything bad. Even if it is in an indirect way. Thank you
Last edited: