J
JillianRose
Guest
You were visitor at a Catholic Church and they asked you if you were Catholic because they never seen you before at their Church.
Thank you. I don’t get offended. My family member did. But I am happy, it’s nice to be greeted. I also think its nice that if I weren’t, I would be informed about the communion rule. Why would you get offended?I think some might ask that. One time when I was out of state, I went to church. They didn’t ask me if I was Catholic, only where I was from. I guess it’s the same sort of thing. People are curious.
WhatAs an outsider, I would be relieved to be asked.
The first time I ever went to mass it was by myself, and I was so lost, confused, and embarrassed. People gave me mean looks and made snide comments.
That’s fine, I was raised Catholic and there were many things I didn’t know and I am still learning.Despite all of my time here, and despite marrying into a Catholic family, I didn’t know what the handshake/greeting thing was.
lol (I would have said back, “Peace be with you … and I’m JoshWhen someone extended their hand I said “I’m BEL, nice to meet you” as he said “Peace be with you” (I think that’s what it was)![]()
It’s okay BlueEyedLady, there was no need to be ashamed/embarrassed about it.When I realized my error, I wanted to crawl under a rock and die.
Then when I couldn’t get the kneeling thing up and made people trip over me on the way to communion…I left mass in tears of embarrassment.
All I can say is I wish I was there.If someone had noticed that I hadn’t been before and asked me that, I would have loved the chance to admit this was my first time, save face, and maybe get a few words of encouragement. It would have made me feel much better.
I believe the Lutherans and Anglicans will also wear crucifixes, so it’s still a possibility. However, you are probably right - Catholic is usually the assumption from there.I voted no but since I wear a large crucifix around my neck most of the time I would have to question their question.![]()