L
LotusCarsLtd
Guest
I want to post the following article from Catholic Match (shortened a bit). It was about red flags in dating and knowing what to do when you encounter them in relationships:
The other problem is that when I read stuff like this and consider dating I don’t know how it’ll even work. I have no dating experience and I fear that I will either horribly butcher any attempts at marriage and end-up in a bad marriage or that I’ll never succeed; everything seems so difficult! And when it comes to discernment there is so much uncertainty that I cannot even begin to see how I’ll ever make the right choices or decisions because everything is too confusing!
What should I do?
What is scary is the part I bolded. I’m pretty sure, after talking to people and my psiritual director and applying elements from The Spiritual Exercises to my life that I am called to marriage and academia. But then I see stuff like that and panic because I can’t tell if I discerned correctly even though I logically know that I have.We tend, instead, to divinize our own feelings. We assume that if we feel a certain way, it must be God speaking infallibly to us. I find that many, many people talk about something being “God’s will”, when it’s clearly only their own will with holy water sprinkled on it.
The other problem is that when I read stuff like this and consider dating I don’t know how it’ll even work. I have no dating experience and I fear that I will either horribly butcher any attempts at marriage and end-up in a bad marriage or that I’ll never succeed; everything seems so difficult! And when it comes to discernment there is so much uncertainty that I cannot even begin to see how I’ll ever make the right choices or decisions because everything is too confusing!
What should I do?