wrong motives?

• Thread starter Thread starter Anna_s_Mom
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anna_s_Mom

Is it wrong that I’m trying to find God in the catholic church to help my failing marriage? Is it wrong that I am motivated to find God now that I need help and not earlier when things were ok? I plan to walk with God now. Not just if my marriage works out. Still I wonder If my motives are selfish and evil.

That you seek Him at all is a grace - a gift from your Creator. 🙂

The little voice that seems to be calling you a hypocrite for seeking God at this particular time is not Christ talking. 😉 The guy doing the talking there would like nothing better than to talk you into waiting until you’re going to God from a position of power - at a time when you are not needful of Him. Sounds rather sensible, doesn’t it? And who wants to feel even the self-accusation of hypocrisy?

Don’t listen! Go now! Recieve Him, now! Trust Him, now! Adore Him, now! Praise Him for allowing whatever brings you to Him into your life!

If it took pain and confusion or suffering to get you back on your way to Him, well… that’s just what it took. I’ll bet that’s what it takes for the huge majority of us! 🙂

Don’t feel the least bit bad about this. Your pain is a love-letter from the One who knitted you in the womb, and your acknowledgement of your need for Him is your love-letter back to Him.

The incredible thing about the Lord is that He’s there when you need him the most! The Holy Spirit is working overtime in you, and moving you to follow Him.

Here’s a prayer that I’d like to give you:

Jesus, Help Me

In every need let me come to You with humble trust saying:
Jesus, help me!

In all my doubts, perplexities and temptations:
Jesus, help me!

In hours of loneliness, weariness and trials:
Jesus, help me!

In the failure of my plans and hopes, in disappointments, troubles and sorrows:
Jesus, help me!

When other fail me, and Your Grace alone can assist me:
Jesus, help me!

When I throw myself on Your tender Love as a Father and Savior:
Jesus, help me!

When my heart is cast down by failure, at seeing no good come from my efforts:
Jesus, help me!

When I feel impatient, and my cross irritates me:
Jesus, help me!

When I am ill, and my head and hands cannot work, and I am lonely:
Jesus, help me!

Always, always, in spite of weakness, falls and shortcomings of every kind:
Jesus, help me and never forsake me.

May He never forsake you at this time of uncertainty and sorrow.

God Bless,
Tonks40

Anna's Mom:
Is it wrong that I’m trying to find God in the catholic church to help my failing marriage? Is it wrong that I am motivated to find God now that I need help and not earlier when things were ok? I plan to walk with God now. Not just if my marriage works out. Still I wonder If my motives are selfish and evil.
No, your motives are not selfish nor evil. God moves hearts, one grace at a time. When things are going well, we seldom seek Him. It is in the low points of our life, that He shows His love for us the most. He is guiding you through your pain, because He has great plans for you. The fact that you are turning to Him, is the best response possible. An oyster cannot make a pearl, until the sand irritates it. This is also the way life and eternity work sometimes.

God Bless,
MaggieO

Anna's Mom:
Just the opposite, Heaven rejoices in your decision. I pray you find peace in your marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back