Yet another quesiton about indulgences

• Thread starter Thread starter FuzzyBunny116
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FuzzyBunny116

It says one must have the intention of gaining the indulgence from an indulgence to gain its benefits? How does one do this? Pray that God grants you all indulgences He can through the day? Could I get indulgences from prayers I’ve already said without the intention of gaining the indulgence?

Hmm, I think God can tell your intentions as you are doing the act. 👍

Since we can only get one plenary indulgance per day, make a conscious act daily that you know will qualify you for an indulgence. For example, wear the Brown Scapular and on a daily basis, kiss it as you are putting it back on after your shower. Do so knowing that this results in an indulgence. Then attend daily Mass, go to confession at least every 2 weeks and pray to God fervently that you be removed from all attachment to sin (and mean it).

Then live your life so you can be a credit to the scapular you wear.

You may be surprised to see how you grow in Faith, Hope and Charity as a result.

CARose

The habitual or general intention suffices to gain the indulgence, but there must be some intention there. You don’t have to be thinking about it specifically at the time you do the act (like a sign of the cross).

If you want to request of God that he apply your missed opportunities from your past to the poor souls, then make the request. Indulgences for them are gained by suffrage anyway. God could grant the request. I am reasonably sure he doesn’t have to grant it.:hmmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back