Your favourite prayer?

• Thread starter Thread starter Aureole
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aureole

Well before I got off for the Christmas holidays I asked my school Chaplain if we could add some more prayers to our morning announcements, which he whole-heartedly agreed to. Well at the time I only had a few prayers in mind, the prayer to St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael. Well I would like to get a bit of a larger list, so I thought it would be a good idea to ask you all your favourite prayers. So would anyone care to share a favourite prayer of theirs?

Just think, ten or twenty years from now my school could still be saying those prayers in the mornings.

The Hail Mary and the Rosary Prayer have always been my favorites, but I have a few others that I say daily that truly inspire me and make me feel at peace:

A Prayer to St. Clare (this is one that I say when I’m sick with a cold, in need of healing, etc.):

O Blessed Saint Clare, your life shines like a beacon and casts it’s light down the ages of the Church to guide the way to Christ. Look with compassion on the poor and humble who call on your help. As you bow before the Eucharistic Lord in Heaven, speak to of my afflicted body and my broken spirit. Ask him to heal me and to wash away my sins in His precious blood.

Holy and beloved saint, teach me to believe, as you did, that in the Blessed Eucharist I will find Jesus, who has only to say the word that I may be healed.

The Jesus Prayer (one we all know I’m sure):

O, my Jesus, forgive us our sins; save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy Mercy.

The Prayer to St. Anthony:

O Holy St. Anthony, gentlest of Saints, your love for God and Charity for His creatures, made you worthy, when on earth, to possess miraculous powers. Encouraged by this thought, I implore you to obtain for me (request). O gentle and loving St. Anthony, whose heart was ever full of human sympathy, whisper my petition into the ears of the Sweet Infant Jesus, who loved to be folded in your arms; and the gratitude of my heart will ever be yours. Amen.

The Prayer to St. Peregrine for Christian Faithfulness:

We praise God with you, St. Peregrine, for calling you to the religious life and for strengthening you to remain faithful until you entered into the Lord’s joy forever.

Please pray for all whose lives are vowed to Christ. May they remain true to their sacred commitment and be a source of inspiration to all their fellow Christians.

May all religious and lay persons inspired by your constancy live in Christian faithfulness, helping to renew the face of the earth in Christian charity, justice and peace. Amen.

Dear friend

The prayer said straight from my heart in the words I use daily, that is the best and favourite prayer, this is conversation with God

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

The Jesus Prayer: Oh, Lord Jesus, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

It’s so simple, I love it! and it helps me immensely in time of need.

The Anima Christi:

Soul of Christ, sanctify me.
Body of Christ, save me.
Blood of Christ, inebriate me.
Water from the Side of Christ, wash me.
Passion of Christ, strengthen me.
O good Jesus, hear me.
Within Thy Wounds Hide me.
Suffer me not to be separated from Thee.
From the malignant enemy defend me.
In the hour of my death, call me
And bid me come to Thee,
That, with Thy Saints, I may praise Thee
Forever and ever. Amen.

Thanks for all the prayers so far. I realize the best prayers are the ones we have personally, but I’m doing this for my school and if everyone were to say their own prayer it would be a bit hectic in the mornings. I’ll make sure I hand in all the prayers so far to my Chaplain.

Thanks for the beautiful prayers.

They kind of depend on my spiritual needs, to the point where I am uneasy to say that any are “my favorite,” but these are a few that I use at the moment (they comprise the core of my private three o’clock prayer service, in addition to the Sations of the Cross). Sorry there are so many. I hope no one minds. I enjoy exchanging payers as some do recipes.

Rosary of the Holy Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ (or Chaplet of Mercy from the Pieta prayer book)

May be said on rosary beads

On the large beads:
Eternal Fatehr, I offer Thee the WOUNDS of our Lord Jesus Christ - to heal the wonds of our souls.

On the small beads: My Jesus, pardon and mercy- Through the merits of THY HOLY WOUNDS.

The Chaplet of Divine Mercy (which I believe is listed elsewhere on this site and in the Pieta prayer book)

Prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace; where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to to console; to be understood, as to understand; to be loved, as to love; for it is in giving that we receive, it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Prayer of St. Gertured the Great (Gertrude of Helfa; also in the Pieta Prayer book)
Eternal Father, I offer thee the most precious blood of thy Dinive Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family

Litany of Humility (also in the fabulous Pieta prayer book)
O Jesus, meek and humble of heart, hear me
From the deisire of being esteemd,
From the desire of being loved,
From the deisire of being extolled,
From the deisire of being honored,
From the deisire of being praised,
From the deisire of being preferred,
From the deisire of being consulted,
From the deisire of being approved,
Deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of being humilated,
From the fear of being despised,
From the fear of suffering rebukes,
From the fear of being calumniated,
From the fear of being forgotten,
From the fear of being ridiculed,
From the fear of being wronged,
From the fear of being suspected,
Deliver me, Jesus.
That others may be loved more thanI,
That others may be esteemed more thanI,
That in the opinion of the world, others may increase, and I may decrease,
That others may be chosen and I set aside,
That others may eb praised and I unnoticed,
That others may be preferred to me in everything,That others may become holier thatn I, provided that I may become as holy as I should,
Jesus grant me the grace to desire it.

Right now I also make a more consious effort to say the Chaplet of the Infant of Prague, during this Christmas season beofre I go to bed, to mediate on the child Jesus and all the geat possibilties associated with the word (re)birth.

40.png
serendipity:
They kind of depend on my spiritual needs, to the point where I am uneasy to say that any are “my favorite,” but these are a few that I use at the moment (they comprise the core of my private three o’clock prayer service, in addition to the Sations of the Cross). Sorry there are so many. I hope no one minds. I enjoy exchanging payers as some do recipes.
Thanks much for all the prayers! It’s quite alright with me that you want to share so many. Exchanging prayers as some do recipes is a good thing, as prayers are recipes for the soul, no?

Anywho thanks so much for all these prayers everyone, keep 'em coming!

One of my favorite daily prayers that is a great one for mornings as school begins is the morning offering:

Dear Jesus, through the Immaculate heart of Mary
I offer you my day – my work, my prayers, my joys, my sufferings,
in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world,
for the intention of Your Most Sacred Heart,
in reparation for our sins,
for the intentions of my friends and family,
for the intentions of our Holy Father
and for all poor souls in purgatory.

O Holy Spirit, Soul of my soul, I adore You, enlighten, guide, strengthen and console me. Tell me what I ought to do and command me to do it. I promise to be obedient to all You ask of me, and to be submissive to all You permit to happen to me, only, show me Your will and grant me the grace to do it. Amen.

The Memorare

Remember,
O most gracious Virgin Mary
that never was it known
that anyone who fled to Your protection,
implored Your help,
or sought Your intercession
was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence,
I fly to You
O Virgin of Virgins, my mother.
to you I come;
before you I stand,
sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in Your mercy,
hear and answer me. Amen

I think you will find something to use here:

prayingeachday.org/100Prayers.pdf

Among all the other prayers I espesially like these:

Lord Jesus,
you told your friends
not to worry about the future.
You showed them
how to have the attitude of simple trust
that young children have,
so that they could place themselves
into the caring hands of your Father.
And so I ask for the power of your Spirit
that I may remain positive
throughout all that is ordinary in my daily life.
I know that your touch
can change people and situations,
and so I ask you
to join me in offering to our Father
not only the good things of this day
but also the suffering and sacrifices
that I want to offer cheerfully and lovingly,
and in a quiet and hidden way.
And so may any difficulties
and frustration and pain of this day
be transformed in your presence
for the benefit of other people. Amen.

God our Father,
the qualities I see lived out so well in some people
are a reflection of your own goodness,
and I know
that I have much to learn from other people
who reflect your image and likeness
in different ways.
Inspire me
to respect others fully as my equals,
seeing and loving in them
what you see and love in them.Amen.

God our Father,
until the time of the printing press,
people copied the Gospel,
writing it by hand.
Slowly the Gospel took shape
  • both on the page
    and deep within themselves.
    I ask that the Gospel
  • the Good News of your love -
    may be written in me
    not with ink
    but with the Spirit of God.
    Only then will I grow as a credible witness
    of the wealth of your love.
    Day by day,
    as the pages of my own life turn over,
    remind me
    that you write my name
    on the palm of your hand.
    I ask this prayer through Jesus,
    who is your Word,
    living amongst us. Amen.
God bless!

G.Grace

It’s either the Divine Mercy chaplet, or the short but sweet “Glory Be.”

Thanks for the prayers everyone. I had to compile them today as I go back to school Monday, and the next two days I could be busy and not have them all nice for Monday. They will go to my school Chaplain Monday morning and we will start praying them.

Thanks again for all the help.

40.png
alyssa:
It’s either the Divine Mercy chaplet, or the short but sweet “Glory Be.”
"Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit as it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be" Amen …is always on my mind.** A most beautiful and simple prayer of :bowdown: praise! **
God Bless You,
Shalom,

Catherine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back