A
_Abyssinia
Guest
I understand where you are getting at, but there may be examples on YouTube where someone who uploads a video that they didn’t create but has got permission from the content owner to upload the video, but the content owner didn’t ask the uploader to provide a link etc. in the description box. How can I determine the copyright status of the video when it ain’t always clear…?At some point, common sense needs to start playing a role. If the person does not have immediate proof of permission (e.g. a link in the video description), it seems abundantly obvious they don’t have it. Of course, things like fair use and general agreements (e.g. with video games) can be taken into account.
Fair Use is a bit of a mind field to me. For one video you may get ten people on one side arguing it’s Fair Use and ten people on the other side arguing it’s not Fair Use. How can I interpret it?
Last edited: