‘We Cannot Permit Inflammation Without Information’: Chris Christie Calls Out Trump Over Baseless Election Fraud Claims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motherwit

Former New Jersey Governor and Trump advisor Chris Christie threw not-so-subtle jabs at President Donald Trump for pushing baseless ballot fraud claims, saying it only hurts his cause.

On Thursday afternoon at a press conference, Trump continued to push the baseless claims that Democrats are stealing the election, a claim that Christie pointed out has no basis in fact.

“If you’re gonna say those things from behind the podium at the White House, it’s his right to do it, it’s his right to pursue legal action. But show us the evidence,” Christie said. “I want to know what backs up what he said so that I can analyze it. And let me tell you, if he’s right, I’ll be outraged, and I’m sure you would be too.”

The Trump ally was then asked by ABC anchor George Stephanopoulos what would happen if Trump’s absurd claims do not pan out.

“And if he’s wrong, then the American people are going to be able to make the judgment about this election that the results have been fair,” Christie replied.

“We heard nothing today about any evidence. This kind of thing, all it does is inflame without informing,” he added. “And we cannot permit inflammation without information.”

Former Trump administration Press Secretary Sean Spicer shared a similar sentiment on Thursday, saying that he hasn’t “seen any evidence” of widespread voter fraud.

Never Trumpers. Can always count on those traitors. Can’t believe anyone can take them seriously anymore. Democrats definitely don’t, why should we? They’re so conservative they couldn’t even conserve the girls’ bathroom. So conservative they kept sending our boys to die in those forever wars.

If they had their way, we’d be choosing from the pool of the other 15 candidates that Trump beat out in 2016 and they’d have us groveling for scraps at the Democrats’ table. Judging from the overall results of the Congressional and Senatorial races, Trumpism is not going away and the polls were so wrong as to be laughable. Love that backtracking from Silver, et al.

Christie wants information? Here’s a counterpoint from Larry Correia (warning about language; I sanitized it here, it’s not censored in the original):

From the article (emphasis author’s):
Before I became a novelist I was an accountant. In auditing you look for red flags. That’s weird bits in the data that suggest something shifty is going on. You flag those weird things so you can delve into them further. One flag doesn’t necessarily mean there’s fraud. Weird things happen. A few flags mean stupidity or dishonesty. But a giant pile of red flags means that there’s bad xxxx going on and people should be in jail.
I’ve been trying to keep up with the firehose of information about what’s going on during this cluster---- of an election. Last night I was on Facebook talking about the crazy high, 3rd world dictatorship level voter turnout levels in the deep blue areas of these swing states was very suspicious. Somebody gas lighted me about how “I’d have to do better than that”, so this was my quick reply, listing off the questionable bull---- I could think of off the top of my head:
The massive turn out alone is a red flag.

But as for doing better…

The late night spikes that were enough to close all the Trump leads are a red flag.

The statistically impossible breakdown of the ratios of these vote dumps is a red flag.

The ratios of these dumps being far better than the percentages in the bluest of blue cities, even though the historical data does not match, red flag.

The ratios of these vote dumps favoring Biden more in these few battlegrounds than the ratio for the rest of the country (even the bluest of the blue) red flag.

Biden outperforming Obama among these few urban vote dumps, even though Trump picked up points in every demographic group in the rest of the country, red flag.

The poll observers being removed. Red flag.

The counters cheering as GOP observers are removed, red flag.

The fact that the dem observers outnumber the GOP observers 3 to 1, red flag (and basis of the first lawsuit filed)

The electioneering at the polls (on video), red flag.

The willful violation of the court order requiring the separation of ballots by type, red flag.

USPS whistleblower reporting to the Inspector General that today they were ordered to backdate ballots to yesterday, red flag.

The video of 2 AM deliveries of what appear to be boxes of ballots with no chain of custody or other observers right before the late night miracle spikes, red flag.

Any of those things would be enough to trigger an audit in the normal world. This many flags and I’d be giggling in anticipation of catching some thieves.

And it isn’t that I have to do better. I’m just an gen pop observer who happens to be a retired auditor with a finely tuned bull
*** detector. This is going to the courts.*
As Correia says, a red flag or two doesn’t mean a lot, but put a lot of them together and the bull---- detector starts sounding the alarm.

Last edited:
Christie has been a close friend to Trump; but I’d say Christie just may not be informed. The networks are not reporting some of this, may be squelching the news even.

So, Biden gets 80,000,000 votes because people don’t like Trump?? But the Republicans do fairly well nationwide? Doesn’t add up. Small Biden rallies, not that many signs. Some reports is that states turnout is too much.

Hopefully, this will be ironed out.

Did better with minorities than any other GOP candidate in decades.

Last edited:
Never Trumpers.
You’re really saying Chris Christie was a never Trumper??? Wow. Not sure you’ve been paying attention to what he’s been saying the past four years. He was a staunch ally…he only started criticizing Trump after he himself got Covid and had to be hospitalized…realizing the care free no social distancing/no masks policy at the White House wasn’t that smart after all.

Last edited:
You’re really saying Chris Christie was a never Trumper??? Wow. Not sure you’ve been paying attention to what he’s been saying the past four years. He was a staunch ally…he only started criticizing Trump after he himself got Covid and had to be hospitalized…realizing the care free no social distancing/no masks policy at the White House wasn’t that smart after all.
Christie is a political animal who goes with the wind. Or have you forgotten he was one of the 15 who went up against Trump in 2016? He saw the wind blowing with Trump so he went along to get along. Now that Trump is in trouble, he’s just showing his true colors.

Christie has always had his pluses and negatives,

Remember when he met Obama in 2012 about that hurricane that destroyed some of New Jersey? He was called a turncoat then.

I think Christie is his own man. I don’t always agree with it.

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

He’s one guy, I still like him.

I agree with Chris. If Trump would have showed at least some of the evidence he says he has, then we could be having a different conversation. I do not know why he did not. But well, Trump is Trump and this will get ugly soon.

Biden did worse then Hilary Except Milwaukee (Wisconsin) Detroit (Michigan) Atlanta (Georgia) and Philadelphia (Pennsylvania) so happens to be the states still “in play”

Sad that some can convince them themselves that this innocent happenstance…

I don’t think. CC has a legitimate shot at the presidency, but he may see himself that way. He gas said things befor, something like “I would have won.” He is Catholic too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back