✈ Delta adds 460 passengers who refused masks to 'no-fly' list

• Thread starter Thread starter ThinkingSapien
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

ThinkingSapien

Delta adds 460 passengers who refused masks to ‘no-fly’ list​

Delta said wearing masks “is among the simplest and most effective actions we can take to reduce transmission” and banned 460 mask-refusing customers.​

Over 400 passenger won’t be flying Delta anytime soon as a result of their alleged refusal to wear face masks during flights, according to an internal memo obtained by NBC News.

In a letter to Delta employees Thursday, CEO Ed Bastian said that 460 customers who refused to wear face coverings amid the coronavirus pandemic were added to the airline’s “no-fly list.”

The pandemic has already taken a grave toll on Delta and other airlines across the country, many of which began furloughing workers earlier this month when emergency relief funding lapsed without any new congressional funding.

As COVID-19 cases jump across the country, Bastian wrote that reversing the airline’s fortunes depends on fighting the coronavirus pandemic.

I don’t blame them. Even if you question how much they help, they also serve as visual theater which helps others relax. They will catch a cough and let your seatmates relax, far more than if sitting near an unmasked flyer.

Given how many viruses I’ve caught on planes from being forced to sit next to people who were sneezing and coughing, it makes perfect sense to me. If you don’t like it then drive where you’re going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back