R
rayoflight
Guest
I thought I would not have to write this here or anywhere, I thought I would be well, not fine but somewhere between okay and maybe not feeling anything. I went to sleep as usual but some unrelated physical pain woke me and the flood of tears came shortly after. Now, I am a bit hormonal right now, but I am not convinced this is why this happened tonight. What is odd is that after a few hours of sleep I woke up at about the same time I was having a hard time with him telling me only hours before on that awful night! Except of course this is technicaly 24 hours before that night one year ago. So many of the “old” questions came biting me in the backside again. They why’s, as I sit here I tell myself not to go there, I pray, but still, unanswered questions arise. I think my situation is a bit unique in some ways. I was subjected even after the actual physical affair to still be around the other person not knowing what had occurred between her and my spouse. Yes, there were suspicions as I look back now and there always have been through the years, but in my mind it never went as far as I recently found out it did. The other appalling thing for me is the way he kept her still as a family “friend” and more sickly why even though I had some type of resentment against her, why did I also keep her close. Perhaps I really did know or was I so young and desperate for a “friend” in a new place that I was willing to still keep up with the “friendship”? So three years after the one year of on and off infidelity, she was the one that fessed up to her spouse, mine kept her quiet angrily and made excuses to me when she cut the “friendship” off. For more than 15 years this has been in my mind as unresolved until last year when he confessed finally. Looking back one year ago, I am glad he told me, just not happy about how this past year has left me with unanswered questions because it was so long ago. I don’t know what I feel day to day for him, mostly nothing now except still caring because he is the father or my children and we have built a lifetime of memories together after that as well. But I feel the last 15 years are based on lies. I pray everyday for peace, answers. 