F
foofydo
Guest
I have been doing some research and I found that the 10 commandments from the Bible are different from the church…does anyone know why?
Could it be simply the way you are reading the Bible, as opposed to the way the Church presents its teaching? The only way I can think of for everything to line up perfectly would be to have everyone be able to read and understand paleo Hebrew, and that’s not realistic imo.I have been doing some research and I found that the 10 commandments from the Bible are different from the church…does anyone know why?
Translations reflect the bias of the translator .I have been doing some research and I found that the 10 commandments from the Bible are different from the church…does anyone know why?
The real problem is exactly as someone else suggested: bad and incorrect translations!Your original question is rather vague. Please be more specific.
The Catechism of the Catholic Church, immediately before paragraph 2052, quotes the Ten Commandments as they are found in the Bible in Exodus 20:2-17 and it also provides a traditional catechetical formula for them. Also, before its discussion of each individual Commandment, the Catechism quotes the corresponding verses from the Bible from Exodus 20:2-17.
Is your question about the Bible translation or about how the Church traditionally divides the various commands into Ten Commandments or about the wording of a traditional catechetical formula?