B
bishoyadel13
Guest
Hello, I was born in a Coptic orthodox family, I became an atheist when I was 15 and I am agnostic since I was 18, I have some questions about the catholic faith as I feel it’s the most universal church, especially that it’s the most religion believed by people so I feel it may be true and the Peter rock thing and I like the purgatory thing, but I need those questions answered, I knew they’re a lot, but just answer as you can and maybe refer me to bible verses, books, or the references in the Catechism, I thank you so much in advance for your time and effort, the questions are:
1- If having an abortion would save the life of the mother, is it still wrong? and what about banning contraception in Africa, didn’t the pope know that there is full of stds and people using contraception is a tool of saving many lives?
2- Why faith in Jesus, what about a good Jew, or a good hindu? I feel it’s unfair from God to torture good people only because they believed in the wrong god.
3- Where’s God’s goodness in random brutal accidents that happen to kids that have not yet fulfilled their purpose, why are they born if they’re gonna die so young?
4- Why are you not orthodox, I mean you always pray for the unity of the church but what doctrine in the orthodox church do you consider to be wrong, I mean they don’t have any extra doctrines like purgatory or the filioque or the immaculate conception, doesn’t that makes them the purer faith? and the Pope removed the limbo so Catholic doctrines can be changed, so?
5- If I committed the sin of thinking incest thoughts, and didn’t confess it intentionally (too shy and ashamed to tell that to a priest, and don’t tell me he heard it all, these thoughts are outrageous to me and can’t be told to anyone) and then I died, where would I go (purgatory or hell)?
6- How do you Justify the crusades, exorcisms that lead to death, the inquisitions,the evil popes (like the one who cut the fingers of his predecessor for example), and the “evils” done by the church over the years?
7- Why do you give only the bread, didn’t Christ give bread and blood?
8- What about Pope Pope John Paul II Who kissed the Koran, didn’t he knew that this is a false religion and that this book is full of hatred and bloodshed?
9- What about The spirit of truth, the comforter, who proceeds from the father?? and wouldn’t proceeding from the son also make the son and the father equals and that’ll be confusing?
10- Did Jesus have the ability to sin? If he didn’t then he’s not fully human.
11- Is Jesus’s humanity separate from his divinity, on the cross when he died did the humanity and divinity became separate? if they’re not separate then how his divinity was born from the father since forever but his humanity was born from Mary since 0 a.d.
Thanks again, I’m waiting for your answers.
1- If having an abortion would save the life of the mother, is it still wrong? and what about banning contraception in Africa, didn’t the pope know that there is full of stds and people using contraception is a tool of saving many lives?
2- Why faith in Jesus, what about a good Jew, or a good hindu? I feel it’s unfair from God to torture good people only because they believed in the wrong god.
3- Where’s God’s goodness in random brutal accidents that happen to kids that have not yet fulfilled their purpose, why are they born if they’re gonna die so young?
4- Why are you not orthodox, I mean you always pray for the unity of the church but what doctrine in the orthodox church do you consider to be wrong, I mean they don’t have any extra doctrines like purgatory or the filioque or the immaculate conception, doesn’t that makes them the purer faith? and the Pope removed the limbo so Catholic doctrines can be changed, so?
5- If I committed the sin of thinking incest thoughts, and didn’t confess it intentionally (too shy and ashamed to tell that to a priest, and don’t tell me he heard it all, these thoughts are outrageous to me and can’t be told to anyone) and then I died, where would I go (purgatory or hell)?
6- How do you Justify the crusades, exorcisms that lead to death, the inquisitions,the evil popes (like the one who cut the fingers of his predecessor for example), and the “evils” done by the church over the years?
7- Why do you give only the bread, didn’t Christ give bread and blood?
8- What about Pope Pope John Paul II Who kissed the Koran, didn’t he knew that this is a false religion and that this book is full of hatred and bloodshed?
9- What about The spirit of truth, the comforter, who proceeds from the father?? and wouldn’t proceeding from the son also make the son and the father equals and that’ll be confusing?
10- Did Jesus have the ability to sin? If he didn’t then he’s not fully human.
11- Is Jesus’s humanity separate from his divinity, on the cross when he died did the humanity and divinity became separate? if they’re not separate then how his divinity was born from the father since forever but his humanity was born from Mary since 0 a.d.
Thanks again, I’m waiting for your answers.