15 prayers to St. Bridget

  • Thread starter Thread starter Epsilon_Omega
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the clarification. Is this the only way you can pray to st. Bridgett? Just wondering?😊
Is it like the rosary where if you don’t finish you can pick up later in the day?
I sympathise! Raising a family makes it very difficult to commit oneself to long prayers every day, as my dear wife & i know.
Can I recommend the 12-year prayer of s. Bridget? They take only a couple of minutes each day. and with our family, I think my life for the next few years is predictable enough…Both these and the 15 prayers are wonderful meditations, and I feel they brought me closer to Our Lord and the Mysteries of Salvation: whatever the status of the promises. (But for the record, I believe them anyway)…

St Bridget: The 12-year Prayer
Saint Bridget of Sweden, the great 14th century Mystic and Visionary, was given a set of Prayers by Our Divine Lord, to be prayed for 12 years. These prayers are meditations on the seven times that Christ shed His Precious Blood on our account. To the one who will say the set of prayers daily for 12 years, these graces are promised:
  1. The soul who prays them suffers no purgatory.
  2. The soul who prays them will be accepted among the Martyrs as though he had spilled his blood for his faith.
  3. The soul who prays them can choose three others whom Jesus will then keep in a state of grace sufficient to become holy.
  4. No-one in the four successive generations of the soul who prays them will be lost.
  5. The soul who prays them will be made conscious of his death one month in advance.
    If the suppliant should die before the allotted span, God the Father will accept them as having been prayed in their entirety, as the genuine intention was there. If a day or a few days are missed for a valid reason, they can be made up later.

    This devotion was pronounced good & profitable, and recommended by both the Sacro Collégia de propagánda fide, the Sacred Congregation for the Propagation of the Faith – The Holy Office – and by Pope Clement XII. Pope Innocent X declared that they are from God.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    O Jesus, I now wish to pray the Lord’s Prayer seven times in unity with the love with which Thou sanctified this prayer in Thy Heart. Take it from my lips into Thy Divine Heart. Improve and complete it until it brings as much honour and joy to the Blessed Trinity as Thou granted it on Earth with this prayer. May these pour
    upon Thy Holy Humanity in glorification to Thy painful Wounds and the Precious Blood Thou spilled from them.
  6. The Circumcision

    [The First Mortal Sin]
    Our Father. Hail Mary.
    Eternal Father, through Mary’s unblemished hands and the Divine Heart of Jesus, I offer to Thee the first wounds, the first pains and the first bloodshed, as atonement for my & all of humanity’s sins of youth, as protection against the first mortal sin, especially among my relatives.
  7. The Suffering on the Mount of Olives

    [Sins of the heart]
    Our Father. Hail Mary.
    Eternal Father, through Mary’s unblemished hands and the Divine Heart of Jesus, I offer to Thee the terrifying suffering of the Heart of Jesus on the Mount of Olives, and every drop of His Sweat of Blood, as atonement for my and all of humanity’s sins of the heart, as protection against such sins, and for the spreading of Divine and Brotherly Love.
  8. The Scourging

    *[Sins of the flesh] *
    Our Father. Hail Mary.
    Eternal Father, through Mary’s unblemished hands and the Divine Heart of Jesus, I offer to Thee the many thousands of Wounds, the gruesome Pains and the Precious Blood of the Scourging, as atonement for my and all of humanity’s sins of the Flesh, as protection against such sins and the preservation of innocence, especially among my relatives.
  9. The Crowning with Thorns

    [Sins of pride]
    Our Father. Hail Mary.
    Eternal Father, through Mary’s unblemished hands and the Divine Heart of Jesus, I offer to Thee the Wounds, the Pains and the Precious Blood of the Holy Head of Jesus from the Crowning with Thorns, as atonement for my and all of humanity’s sins of the spirit, as protection against such sins and for the spreading of the Kingdom of Christ here on Earth.
continued…
 
  1. The Carrying of the Cross

    *[Sins of the tongue, against the Cross] *
    Our Father. Hail Mary.
    Eternal Father, through Mary’s unblemished hands and the Divine Heart of Jesus, I offer to Thee the Sufferings on the Way of the Cross, especially the Holy Wound on His Shoulder and its precious Blood, as atonement for my and all of humanity’s rebellion against the Cross, every grumbling against Thy Holy Providence, and all other sins of the tongue, as protection against such sins and for true love of the Cross.
  2. The Crucifixion of Jesus

    [For the Church and the Jews]
    Our Father. Hail Mary.
    Eternal Father, through Mary’s unblemished hands and the Divine Heart of Jesus, I offer to Thee Thy Son on the Cross, His nailing and lifting on high, the Wounds on His Hands and Feet, and the three streams of His Precious Blood that poured forth for us from these, the extreme tortures of His Body and Soul, His precious death and its unbloody renewal in all Holy Masses on Earth, as atonement for all wounds against vows and regulations within Religious Orders, as reparation for my and all the world’s sins, for the sick and dying, for all holy priests and laymen, for the intentions of the Holy Father toward the restoration of Christian families, for the strengthening of Faith, for our country, for unity among all nations in Christ and His Church, and also for the Diaspora.
  3. The Piercing of Jesus’ Side

    *[All of Mankind and the Holy Souls] *
    Our Father. Hail Mary.
    Eternal Father, accept as worthy for the needs of Holy Church, and as atonement for the sins of all Mankind, the precious Blood and Water which poured forth from the Wound of the Divine Heart of Jesus. Be gracious and merciful towards us. Blood of Christ, the last precious content of His Holy Heart, wash me of all my and other’s guilt of sin! Water from the Side of Christ, wash me clean of all punishments for sin and extinguish the flames of Purgatory for me and for all the Poor Souls. Amen.
+++++++++++++++++++
Lk 18:1… Men ought always to pray, and not to lose heart.
Lk 21:36 … Watch ye therefore, and pray always.
1Thess 5:17 … Pray without ceasing.
+++++++++++++++++++
But aren’t such stupendous promises too good to be true?
Remember when Elias the prophet sent a messenger to Naaman the leper, saying, Go and wash in Jordan seven times, and thou shalt be clean. But Naaman was angry, saying, Behold, I thought, He will surely come out to me, and stand, and call on the name of the LORD his God, and strike his hand over the place, and cure the leprosy. Are not the rivers of Damascus better than all the waters of Israel? May I not wash in them, and be clean? But his servants said, My father, if the prophet had bid thee do some great thing, wouldst thou not have done it? How much rather then, when he saith to thee, Wash, and be clean? Then he went down, and dipped himself seven times in Jordan, according to the saying of the man of God: and his flesh came again like unto the flesh of a little child, and he was clean. (cf. 2Kg5:10)

For further copies contact numealinesimpetar@gmail.com
 
It inspires me to se so much discussion about a devotion such as this.

Such deep questions and insightful answers!
As anyone who has said these prayers will attest they are a great source of having insight into the essence of Catholicism --to quote St Paul … I judged not myself to know anything among you, but Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.(1 Cor 2:2)
I said the prayers years ago and let God do His work,because if God can not or does not keep His end of the bargain that would be between He and I and He will always have the upper Hand.
 
Yesterday, I went to the pray the rosary and the Chaplet of Devine Mercy at church during adoration. On the way in I noticed one of those blue pieta prayerbooks, and as I was thumbing through it I came upon The Fifteen Prayers of St. Bridget. Also with those 15 prayers come certain promises.

Quoted from cfht.hawaii.edu/~lwells/happiness.html

I am not sure if i am in the right forum… its been forever since I posted on my account, but I have some questions. First of all, to me, even saying these prayers sincerly, give me the impression of working towards gaining favor to be received into heaven. Not that the prayers are bad, but its almost like do this, and you automatically gain the promises and worthiness to be received into heaven, no questioned asked. I am pretty sure its the Grace of god alone that lets us into heaven.

Second, looking at the first 3 and number 15:
1. I will deliver 15 souls of his lineage from Purgatory.
  1. 15 souls of his lineage will be confirmed and preserved in grace.
  2. 15 sinners of his lineage will be converted.
  3. His soul will be delivered from eternal death.
Wouldn’t it require the persons of lineage to actually accept his grace, I mean by the way it sounds like above, its automatic. Like, how could one person, pray and get favor with god and then save 15 souls, when its up to each of the 15 people in their hearts to save their own souls.

Third, when looking at number 19, I didn’t know humans could join the choir of angels, is this true?

I know you have to be sincere about it, but this just seems to easy. According to Matthew 19:24, “It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God ?”

Are these prayer promises for real? It almost sounds too good to be true.

Thank you 🙂
That is NOT a Church teaching. Only God decides who, how many and when to release someone from Purgatory.
Yes we should pray for the souls in Purgatory but to say that if we pray this or that then a specified number will be released from Purgatory is simply not true.
 
That is NOT a Church teaching. Only God decides who, how many and when to release someone from Purgatory.
Yes we should pray for the souls in Purgatory but to say that if we pray this or that then a specified number will be released from Purgatory is simply not true.
Promises from the revelations to the saints by God are not contrary to the Faith. We are allowed to believe in them.

There is no need to be afraid of promises like these. They are not considered something one ‘must’ believe by Catholics, but neither are they considered something to be treated carelessly or casually dismissed.

A person can look into the history and decide from that what to do.
 
S. Paul writes, ‘Even as ye are babes in Christ I have fed ye milk and not meat’. With exercises like the 15 Prayers we come right down to the wire (as we say here) of theology.

They are not in conflict with the deepest truths of the Faith.
There is a Mystery of Predestination, Grace and Free Will. Here is how the Blessed Trinity operates in us when we pray: God the Father created the world, and us in it; God the Son took on human nature, partly to give us the Face of God that we can see; He came to teach us the Way to Heaven, and to give us the Normal Means (the Sacraments). And when we make the decision to pray, it is God the Holy Spirit who has inspired us. He did not make us do it; we chose to co-operate with His Grace.

God does not force our free will; yet He does actually know what we will do. He does actually know whether each one of us reading this, will end up in Heaven or Hell.

“Do not cast your pearls before swine”: God very rarely performs a miracle with the sole purpose of converting a soul (although it happens sometimes); (“If they will not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not listen to one who comes back from the dead”). But He does lift the Veil of His Omnipotence for faithful souls, as a favour, and more frequently than the unbelievers would credit. Over the years I have heard of, not to say expereinced, many manifestations of His Special Providence – from minor cures at Lourdes that go unreported, to a life saved (advanced, terminal burst appendix) when the mother gave the boy a drink of Lourdes Water; to definite news of people far away, to definite information on particular future events.

Thus we are promised that those who make the Nine First Fridays will actually go to Heaven. This is accepted as ‘worthy of belief’ by the Church. How can this be? It is because God, who knows the future, grants this additional comfort and solace to certain faithful souls. Those who are (as God knows) destined to fall away in later life, will just happen not to finish the 9 Fridays. Likewise the Scapular: those who will fall away, end up taking the scapular off.

God knows how our minds & souls work: these “special Offers” if Our Lord will forgive my flippancy) really do encourage us to ‘go the extra mile’.
Thus with the 15 Prayers & the 12-Year Prayer. God will not inspire us to perform these exercises if He knows that the promises, in our case, will not be fulfilled.

I might have mentioned before on this (or another) thread that once I prayed the 15 prayers, among other intentions, that a certain married couple would return to the Faith. I never said anything to anyone. Before the year was out, they had returned, & one of them told me that he knew it was because of my prayers. (To this day I don’t think they know about the 15 prayers: it’s not the kind of thing they would be interested to hear about).
 
Only God decides who, how many and when to release someone from Purgatory.
That is so. However, we have it on the authority of many saints, including St (Padre) Pio, that in particular cases, it is God’s judgment that a particular soul, who deeply wronged another, will be released only when that person still on earth makes an Act of Forgiveness of the soul in Purgatory.
This is part of the Mystery of the Communion of Saints.
It was a Protestant error to isolate each individual soul. No, we are “Members of one another” and ‘social’ sins are sometimes redeemed only via ‘social interaction’. God’s Justice – with His Mercy – are perfect.
We can’t specify a certain number of individuals
No, we can’t force God; but He can let us in on His secrets if He wants to.
 
Promises from the revelations to the saints by God are not contrary to the Faith. We are allowed to believe in them.

There is no need to be afraid of promises like these. They are not considered something one ‘must’ believe by Catholics, but neither are they considered something to be treated carelessly or casually dismissed.

A person can look into the history and decide from that what to do.
I agree but many people tend to assume everything stated is private revelations is true and that of course is not the case.
There are many instances of private revelations declared worthy of belief that actually contradict each other. In such cases they all cannot be correct.

Frankly in this instance I think it makes more sense to simply pray for the souls in Puragtory and leave them to God’s mercy on timing of release than pray the above prayers for a year thinking over that time you have released 5475 souls.
 
I agree but many people tend to assume everything stated is private revelations is true and that of course is not the case.
There are many instances of private revelations declared worthy of belief that actually contradict each other. In such cases they all cannot be correct.
Agreed. “Worthy of Belief” doesn’t mean “this is guaranteed factually accurate, like a video recording”, it means “it does no harm, & is not contrary to a dogma of the Faith, to hold this”. Details of the life of Our Lady, for instance, given by private revelation, do not all correspond. And some saints have warned strongly against too much curiosity beyond the data given for our instruction in the Scriptures. Nevertheless, the Church has allowed them for private use, as aids to meditation. She speaks against them only when they contradict an article of Faith. In such a case, the entire work should be completely ignored.
Frankly in this instance I think it makes more sense to simply pray for the souls in Puragtory and leave them to God’s mercy on timing of release than pray the above prayers for a year thinking over that time you have released 5475 souls.
Are you talking about the 15 prayers, thistle? For the record, We are not told it saves 5474 souls, but that we have honoured the 5474 ‘drops of blood’ shed by Our Lord. That leaves the problem of what counts as a ‘drop’ of blood, of course. The 15 prayers promise ‘I will save 15 souls of his lineage’. Granted the status of S. Bridget, I am happy to accept this as ‘worthy of belief’. Indeed, it is the Church that has declared that – with the meaning above.

I think the general intent of these devotions is to encourage regular, disciplined, times of prayer. The Church has always recommended this as preferable to, and more meritorious than, prayer ‘as you feel in the mood’. Indeed, it is the prayer you offer when you are not in the mood for prayer that have the greatest merit – provided it is for the love of Our Lord.

On the other hand, I’d have to say I don’t quite like the tone of the ‘Pieta’ book. For a start, they are perhaps a little too uncritical as to sources. Secondly, we must beware of the attitude that such-and-such a prayer ‘works’ – when it is God who works: our prayers are mere requests. I would advise anyone against basing their spiritual life on a "Pieta book’ -type spirituality. But I definitely defend the ‘prayers-with-promises’ as an authentic part of Catholic life.
 
Agreed. “Worthy of Belief” doesn’t mean “this is guaranteed factually accurate, like a video recording”, it means “it does no harm, & is not contrary to a dogma of the Faith, to hold this”. Details of the life of Our Lady, for instance, given by private revelation, do not all correspond. And some saints have warned strongly against too much curiosity beyond the data given for our instruction in the Scriptures. Nevertheless, the Church has allowed them for private use, as aids to meditation. She speaks against them only when they contradict an article of Faith. In such a case, the entire work should be completely ignored.

Are you talking about the 15 prayers, thistle? For the record, We are not told it saves 5474 souls, but that we have honoured the 5474 ‘drops of blood’ shed by Our Lord. That leaves the problem of what counts as a ‘drop’ of blood, of course. The 15 prayers promise ‘I will save 15 souls of his lineage’. Granted the status of S. Bridget, I am happy to accept this as ‘worthy of belief’. Indeed, it is the Church that has declared that – with the meaning above.

I think the general intent of these devotions is to encourage regular, disciplined, times of prayer. The Church has always recommended this as preferable to, and more meritorious than, prayer ‘as you feel in the mood’. Indeed, it is the prayer you offer when you are not in the mood for prayer that have the greatest merit – provided it is for the love of Our Lord.

On the other hand, I’d have to say I don’t quite like the tone of the ‘Pieta’ book. For a start, they are perhaps a little too uncritical as to sources. Secondly, we must beware of the attitude that such-and-such a prayer ‘works’ – when it is God who works: our prayers are mere requests. I would advise anyone against basing their spiritual life on a "Pieta book’ -type spirituality. But I definitely defend the ‘prayers-with-promises’ as an authentic part of Catholic life.
Again I fully agree.
I just don’t want people to think that releasing 15 souls is a Church teaching and must be true because the the messages are deemed worthy of belief. They are free to believe it or not. The reason I am maybe a bit forceful on this matter is exactly because some people have told me that such things must be believed which is not correct. Many don’t understand about private revelations.
In the case of these particular prayers I happen not to believe it because I do not think we determine how many and when people are released from Purgatory which in my view is why the Church does not teach that. However, I respect those who think otherwise.
 
Good points, thistle.

As to the number of souls out of Prugatory, if the Private Revelation was really true, then by “the Mystery of Predestination, Grace & Free will”, God will have pre-ordained that these souls will be released by the free intervention of the person inspired to make that prayer. Note that not even now are we invited to specify names.

I do find personally that having a ‘target’ and a ‘deadline’ does keep me at my prayers (these are not the only prayers I offer, I must add;) so it is better for me to keep to this small discipline than to let my prayers simply slide. But I do remember that ‘Revelation ceased with the death of the last apostle’ and we do well not to get too rapt up in the details & statistics.

A final point: it does annoy me when I see, as a commentary on a particular prayer, “Never been known to fail”. That to me smacks of rank heresy. It makes the prayer a Magic Charm. It also borders on blashpemy: No prayer ever ‘fails’: because God never fails: but He is not bound to grant exactly what we ask, when & how we ask it. When we pray for a particular soul in Purgatory, He is free to transfer the merit of the prayer to someone else. That is, I believe, definite Church teaching. And it is corroborated by many ‘private revelations’.
 
The first time I regularly began to fully read and pray the 15 Prayers of St. Bridget, I received them in a church during Eucharistic Adoration.

I commented to a lady there who was praying with the booklet that I liked the prayers, and she asked me to take the booklet. I said something about not doing so, because I was afraid to take something from her, but she insisted and so I took it.

Thence, soon enough, by the grace of God, with that booklet I regularly prayed the 15 Prayers of St. Bridget for an entire year.

I did not miss a single day, by the grace of God.

I suppose someone hearing this, might suppose I was a person of regular habits, to whom this came naturally. That is not the case at all. I am a person of incredibly irregular habits, and while I pray daily prayers, it is unknown for me not for one reason or other pray irregularly, either from staying up too late, or early, or some such etc.

The fact is it is simply impossible for me to say something so long and involved as the 15 Prayers of St. Bridget, every single day, for an entire year, without the special grace of God, my natural tendencies simply cannot do it.

So, I cannot help but recognize these prayers as something special, very special before God from my experience with them, as well as the testimony of the saint, and their self-evident great quality. I recommend them to all.
 
See also this thread on the Revelations of Saint Brigitta.

Joe Monahan
Did anybody visit the site proposed in this thread? If this is not cause for despair I do not know what is. What is it about the Catholic faith that sends such mixed messages? “99% of all Christians will go to hell”, “the body and soul will fall and burn for all eternity”.

This stuff is horrific. If the Reveleations of Saint Briget are true most all of us and our loved ones will burn in hell for eternity…how wonderful. This is our faith?
 
Did anybody visit the site proposed in this thread? If this is not cause for despair I do not know what is. What is it about the Catholic faith that sends such mixed messages? “99% of all Christians will go to hell”, “the body and soul will fall and burn for all eternity”.

This stuff is horrific. If the Reveleations of Saint Briget are true most all of us and our loved ones will burn in hell for eternity…how wonderful. This is our faith?
I don’t know who created that website. Be very careful of what you read. As soon as I clicked the link and saw all those terrible pictures, I got off. We must be prudent about what we choose to see. Anyone could create disturbing messages but it is in our control to be exposed to it or not. We know God is love and God wants all to be saved. Stay with the Church’s teaching and do not allow yourself to be disturbed by the internet.

Jesus Christ is born to us. Merry Christmas and peace be with you!
 
Did anybody visit the site proposed in this thread? If this is not cause for despair I do not know what is. What is it about the Catholic faith that sends such mixed messages? “99% of all Christians will go to hell”, “the body and soul will fall and burn for all eternity”.

This stuff is horrific. If the Reveleations of Saint Briget are true most all of us and our loved ones will burn in hell for eternity…how wonderful. This is our faith?
I can’t speak for 99% or that website and its style or method one way or another, but it is true that the majority of people go to Hell, this is the testimony of tradition and scripture.

“For many are called, but few chosen.”

St. Mark (Mark 20:16)

And that Hell is a very terrible place to go.

Which is why it is very important that we be holy people and help people to the true Faith for their sake…
 
I can’t speak for 99% or that website and its style or method one way or another, but it is true that the majority of people go to Hell, this is the testimony of tradition and scripture.

“For many are called, but few chosen.”

St. Mark (Mark 20:16)

And that Hell is a very terrible place to go.

Which is why it is very important that we be holy people and help people to the true Faith for their sake…
Thanks, that makes me feel a hell of a lot better.

Think about this. Pope John Paul II, “Be not afraid”. Every Mass, “As we wait in joyful hope of the coming of our Savior”. Etc etc.

Yet we are to reconcile this somehow with the drastic contradiction of what you state here. If this is Catholcism then frankly (with apologies to those this may offend) our faith is vain. More so, out faith is ludicrous and obserd.

Simple: We either have hope (and a reasonable hope at that, not a hope with an odds near insurrmounatable) or we do not.

If we or our loved ones are almost assurd an everlasting trip to eternal fire, then our faith and our Lord is the opitamy of evil. Our “God” is more evil then our wildest imagination of any devil.

I am so da** sick of this I am near ready to tuen my back on all of this.

By the way, if what you say is true here, what would I have to lose? A 1 in a zillion chance of getting to heaven?

**Be not afraid! **Are some people just simply terribly confused or I am confused and my faith is nothing more then a ridiculous fairy tale?

By the way dude, are you going to toast mashmallows over me and my loved ones?

I don’t mean to be sarcastic but this is painful. Maybe it’s time to rethink this whole thing.
 
That is NOT a Church teaching. Only God decides who, how many and when to release someone from Purgatory.
Yes we should pray for the souls in Purgatory but to say that if we pray this or that then a specified number will be released from Purgatory is simply not true.
This is a matter of private revelation. It is not doctrine, nor is it dogma, but it is certainly not contrary to faith. If Jesus appeared to you, you were certain it was he, and he said you could release 100 souls by saying a particular prayer, would you pray that prayer if it was not contrary to Church teaching? Probably so.
Promises from the revelations to the saints by God are not contrary to the Faith. We are allowed to believe in them.

There is no need to be afraid of promises like these. They are not considered something one ‘must’ believe by Catholics, but neither are they considered something to be treated carelessly or casually dismissed.

A person can look into the history and decide from that what to do.
This is true.
 
Thanks, that makes me feel a hell of a lot better.

Think about this. Pope John Paul II, “Be not afraid”. Every Mass, “As we wait in joyful hope of the coming of our Savior”. Etc etc.

Yet we are to reconcile this somehow with the drastic contradiction of what you state here. If this is Catholcism then frankly (with apologies to those this may offend) our faith is vain. More so, out faith is ludicrous and obserd.

Simple: We either have hope (and a reasonable hope at that, not a hope with an odds near insurrmounatable) or we do not.

If we or our loved ones are almost assurd an everlasting trip to eternal fire, then our faith and our Lord is the opitamy of evil. Our “God” is more evil then our wildest imagination of any devil.

I am so da** sick of this I am near ready to tuen my back on all of this.

By the way, if what you say is true here, what would I have to lose? A 1 in a zillion chance of getting to heaven?

**Be not afraid! **Are some people just simply terribly confused or I am confused and my faith is nothing more then a ridiculous fairy tale?

By the way dude, are you going to toast mashmallows over me and my loved ones?

I don’t mean to be sarcastic but this is painful. Maybe it’s time to rethink this whole thing.
It’s true it’s a painful matter… we can however… through our Faith in God, overcome the immediate pain and trust, no matter how difficult the world turns out to be.

We can ‘be not afraid’ of what we should not be afraid of, and ‘be afraid’ of what we should, when we should. There are times when we should and times when we should not.

And that is a deep subject.

One of the most important parts of the Faith is complete trust and surrender to God, whatever happens. That means, that whatever He decides, everything is OK in the end, however painful some of His decisions might be, we know in the end it is all ultimately good.

If we lose some of our relations… It is fair, it is just, and all that God should have done, was done to spare them. Truly He does more than we could imagine for everyone. If people persist in sin despite this, then it is fair that they go to Hell. And in Heaven we will be at peace with the fact that this is what happened. And on earth, as our spiritual relationship with God becomes close we can feel peace about these terrible things too.

It is hard to speak of but it is true. God is more than all these trials, and all consoling.

We look at Christ on the Way of the Cross, and all He suffered. . . And we know, all that He should do, He did. . and He calls us to share that Way of the Cross for a reason…

One of which is because we should share His burden to help in bringing His salvation to others too. To bear the burdens of their sins in penance.

In the end it is all good.

In eternal damnation, right now, one third of the angels who were ever created, will never experience Heaven. A majority of men will not. We accept the former, we can accept the latter. Since one person in Hell is acceptable… the numbers are not the issue. Once one is acceptable, the number is up to God, and is ultimately acceptable however large or small. It can and is acceptable that some people go there. A person can learn to know this, can understand it. 🙂

It is. It is strange but true that people choose sin instead of God. Heaven wonders at it… it truly is amazing that people choose sin instead of God… but at the same time… we are born into it. And so, we have to either come out or not. And we must pray to do so.

We must love God more than anything or anyone. All our love for anyone should be for the sake of God… because all that is good in anyone we know… our relatives, our friends, is of God… not of the people themselves. If they lose this goodness… they will no longer have what we loved in them, nor be what we loved. And they can do this.

Or they can not. And we can help them to not… by bearing the cross. The cross is serious. Salvation is serious. This whole matter is gigantic and grave and tremendously serious.

Most people don’t live as if it is. Have trouble learning it, facing it. But it is! It is… Eternity is… our souls are… it all is…

And with love we can overcome it.

What we loved in others that is truly good will always be in God.

God bless us and help us all. 🙂
 
It’s true it’s a painful matter… we can however… through our Faith in God, overcome the immediate pain and trust, no matter how difficult the world turns out to be.

We can ‘be not afraid’ of what we should not be afraid of, and ‘be afraid’ of what we should, when we should. There are times when we should and times when we should not.

And that is a deep subject.

One of the most important parts of the Faith is complete trust and surrender to God, whatever happens. That means, that whatever He decides, everything is OK in the end, however painful some of His decisions might be, we know in the end it is all ultimately good.

If we lose some of our relations… It is fair, it is just, and all that God should have done, was done to spare them. Truly He does more than we could imagine for everyone. If people persist in sin despite this, then it is fair that they go to Hell. And in Heaven we will be at peace with the fact that this is what happened. And on earth, as our spiritual relationship with God becomes close we can feel peace about these terrible things too.

It is hard to speak of but it is true. God is more than all these trials, and all consoling.

We look at Christ on the Way of the Cross, and all He suffered. . . And we know, all that He should do, He did. . and He calls us to share that Way of the Cross for a reason…

One of which is because we should share His burden to help in bringing His salvation to others too. To bear the burdens of their sins in penance.

In the end it is all good.

In eternal damnation, right now, one third of the angels who were ever created, will never experience Heaven. A majority of men will not. We accept the former, we can accept the latter. Since one person in Hell is acceptable… the numbers are not the issue. Once one is acceptable, the number is up to God, and is ultimately acceptable however large or small. It can and is acceptable that some people go there. A person can learn to know this, can understand it. 🙂

It is. It is strange but true that people choose sin instead of God. Heaven wonders at it… it truly is amazing that people choose sin instead of God… but at the same time… we are born into it. And so, we have to either come out or not. And we must pray to do so.

We must love God more than anything or anyone. All our love for anyone should be for the sake of God… because all that is good in anyone we know… our relatives, our friends, is of God… not of the people themselves. If they lose this goodness… they will no longer have what we loved in them, nor be what we loved. And they can do this.

Or they can not. And we can help them to not… by bearing the cross. The cross is serious. Salvation is serious. This whole matter is gigantic and grave and tremendously serious.

Most people don’t live as if it is. Have trouble learning it, facing it. But it is! It is… Eternity is… our souls are… it all is…

And with love we can overcome it.

What we loved in others that is truly good will always be in God.

God bless us and help us all. 🙂
Shin you are not fully thinking this out.

i.e. I’d never have had children if what you suggest is in fact true. Why would I have elected to have brought children into this worls if the odds are stacked against thier living with God for eternity. I’m an engineer, (not that it takes an engineer to understant mathematical dilema) but I’d have played it safe if I believed then what you suggest now.

Why would anyone for that matter?

Life:

Get married, have children.
Children dies and burn forever in hell. Thier flesh burning off thier bodies only to be regenerated each day to burn off again and again for all eternity. – Augustine and others

Where is my hope?

Does anyone else here have children and feel the deep resentment I feel about this? Are the people in these forums really this unfeeling and pious? This simply cannot be. If it is, then I’m out-here! As I said before, what do I have to lose? For how could I (even if I were one of the lucky ones) enjoy a moment in heaven knowing the children I love more then life itself is burnign in hell? Is it me, or is this ludacrous? Ridiculous beyone belief, more evil then evil itself?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top