25th wedding anniversary

  • Thread starter Thread starter gmoberg1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gmoberg1

Guest
Hello,
My wife and I are in the RCIA process, and have been married for 22 years. We were married in the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. My question is that we would like to have a 25th wedding anniversary Mass when the time comes. Is this possible?:confused:
 
Hello,
My wife and I are in the RCIA process, and have been married for 22 years. We were married in the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. My question is that we would like to have a 25th wedding anniversary Mass when the time comes. Is this possible?:confused:
Of course. My parents had one. You could also renew your vows, as they did. It doesn’t make you any more married than you are now, since you are in a sacramental marriage already (assuming there was nothing to prevent your Lutheran wedding from being valid), but it is one way of celebrating a milestone like a Silver Wedding Anniversary.
 
I agree with Phemie

Congrats on reaching such a milestone!!!
:clapping:
 
A good idea.

Some years back I had a Jewish couple in my RCIA program. While their baptism made their marriage sacramental, they wanted a ceremony; so we had a mass on their next anniversary in which they renewed their promises and received a blessing. It was enjoyable for all and gave them a feeling of completeness.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top