3:00 pm vs 3:00 am

  • Thread starter Thread starter erazo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
3 AM is, indeed, the “witching hour” and is used not only by demons, but also by those Satanists who worship and employ demons to do their bidding.This is, perhaps, an indication of where the problems between you and your husband arise. It should make you both think.
Sorry - this mom of three should stop posting if I can’t read the pages preceeding my interest! :o

But I think this is sage advice for the OP regardless of what people choose to believe about the evil one or his machinations…may be some sort of spiritual warfare in the marriage or in DH’s life.
 
I had a major depression many years ago and used to wake up every night around 3am and could not go back to sleep. The psychiatrist that treated me told me that 3am was called the “depressive hour” because that is when most people suffering from depression and anxiety wake up. He said this is very common. A person’s sleep habits are a part of the psychiatric evaluation.

I do know that sleep is cyclic, with periods of REM sleep and periods of lighter sleep, so perhaps people wake at this time because they are coming out of a REM cycle. But I don’t really know. I do know that if a peson does not get enough REM sleep, the effects on the body are major and they can experience depression and anxiety, poor judgment, delayed reaction times, etc.

I don’t really believe in the “witching” hour theory. I think there is more likely a physiological basis for people to wake at this time, because it is a very common experience.
 
I don’t really believe in the “witching” hour theory. I think there is more likely a physiological basis for people to wake at this time, because it is a very common experience.
The “witching hour” is not a theory that people use to explain waking up at that time, it is a widely-observed phenomenon of the manifestation of evil occurring at 3 AM: waking up with all the lights on, for instance, and the cabinet doors opening and shutting on their own, with the entire house being 20 degrees colder than it was when you went to sleep - this happening every evening at 3 AM for a month, for instance. A couple in the area I am from would wake up with all the lights on and see that the cat they locked outside for the night was, when they got up, lounging comfortably around the house. These things are real, they are observed, and they have recognizable patterns - it doesn’t always happen at 3 AM, but there is enough that happens around that hour for it to have an infamous reputation for those in the know.

Many people are too embarrassed to talk about things like this happening to them, but it’s common enough and well known enough for many people to understand the connection between the events and the hour. This is not to say that everything that happens at 3 AM is the result of demons - something that broad is implausible. Likewise, the reason the OP is waking up may have nothing to do with the presence of evil in her home or life. That said, there is also the possibility that this *is *an underlying cause, which people should not discount as false a priori. Pray that you will never be able to verify this connection in your own life.
 
Ah, the silly little spirit called Satan. He’s very insecure about himself you see, being unable to create anything or even sustain the tiniest thing in existance.

He has to make himself feel good by pulling parlor tricks and dancing around like a circus freakshow in order to get the attention of us humans (who are much lower by nature than himself) while the real Lord of the Universe displays his infinite power unceasingly in the very holding together of the fabric of the universe.

Lucifer, you who once were the brightest of celestial beings, fallen from grace only to perform for mortal beings… 👍
 
I never heard of this until I saw “The Exorcism of Emily Rose.” Just from my own experience, I’m usually awake at 3am and I can’t say I’ve ever noticed anything out of the ordinary happening. I always just pray before I go to bed, which lately has been 3am just because I’m a nightowl!!! 😃

If you find yourself waking up and scared, then maybe you could try praying to St. Michael the Archangel or say the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.
 
According to the tv show Paranormal State…

3am is a time when demonic activity is at its strongest. The reason is that it is believed Christ died at 3pm. To mock his death, it has been inverted to 3am by evil ones.

Hope this clears it up.
That is pretty much that same understanding about 3am that I learned back in high school in 1997 or so. From a former protestant friend that lost her faith and ended up becoming wiccan (smh, still sad when I think about it). She and her “clan” very much believed there was a “witching hour” or whatever it is they called it.

But I will agree also with others who have responded that satan or demons do not need a specific time to attack or be most affective.
 
“Prayer is helplessness casting itself on Power, infirmity leaning on Strength, misery reaching to Mercy, and a prisoner clamoring for Relief.” –Fulton J Sheen
 
I have learned that 3:00pm is a powerful hour for prayer. Now is 3:00am hour the devil’s hour?

I ask this because, at this time my marriage has been going through troubling times. Although I pray in the morning and pray the rosary at night. I have been waking up almost everyday within the 3:00am hour. Upset, waking up my husband just to tell him how much he has hurt me. I can not stand it…and I now it is unhealthy for us to do this. Could it be that devil is trying to break me???
As most have said on this subject, the demons can attact a person at any time of the day or night. But some seem to experience the demons more at 3 AM than at other hours. I think Emiley Rose Movie is a true story.

I have a relative who retired from the police force. He is level headed but he said the when he was on the force in a squad car, he dreaded nights with a full moon, because he said those were very busy nights.

If I recall correctly, there was a catholic who was chosen to suffer between the hours of midnight and 3am. The reason was to make up for all the sins of impurity committed during those hours. This is a true story.

Regardless of all of this, we are going to be attacked by the demons and we should use those means that the church has given us.

One of these is the Green Scapular. There are two reasons for selecting this.
According to one of the exorcists in Rome, in all his dealings he has never heard one of the demons every same anything against Mary, ever. He feels that she has been given singular favor because her son would not allow it, and that her power is great. And this particular scapular has the promise of protection from the demons as one of the promises Mary made.
It also has her picture on it, and demons do not like holy pictures.
  1. Conversion of those who do not have the faith
  2. Reconciliation to the Church for those who have lost/strayed from the faith
  3. Assurance of a happy death
  4. Strengthening of the faith for those already in the Church
  5. PROTECTION from SATAN for those who wear or promote the scapular
It may be put in a wallet, or purse.
It must be blessed.

Pray, at least daily:
“Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us now and at the hour of our death.”

Here are Mary’s own words to Sister Justine:
“The GREATEST graces come from using the scapular but these graces come
in direct proportion to the degree of CONFIDENCE in ME which the user has.”

You may get a free one by googling “Green Scapular”.

forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=690740&page=3
“…Dreams of demons holding me down while i slept and trying to strangle me. Horrid stuff.”…“Also, i’ve never suffered from those terrifying dreams while i slept with me scapulars on. I have a green one and a blue/black St Michael one. They 're a bit grotty after never taking them off but i reckon its worth it.”

saint-mike.org/qa/sw/viewanswer.asp?QID=1384Th
A young girl was very agitated and upset. It seems her mother had in her possession some tarot cards. The girl was given a green scapular and within a couple of minutes regained quiet and peace returned to her.
 
The 3AM thing was featured in the movie *The Exorcism of Emily Rose, *which is problematic in some areas, but pretty good in others if you can weather the overall creepiness. I don’t recommend it to the op, who does not need anymore creeping out.

There seems to be various opinions on when the “witching hour” is (midnight, or 3AM, or midnights of a full moon) , but many occult practitioners I imagine believe there is such thing as a witching hour.

But as to the specific problem, I will pray for you. Whether there is something specific about 3AM isn’t really the main point because waking up the hubby at 3am to harangue him is a problem in itself (I know I’d be less than friendly even with a wife I adore! 🙂 ). So my advice, if you wake up at 3am, don’t wake the hubby, but pray. I recommend St. Michael, and holy water. If there is an overwhelming desire to wake hubby, that’s an internal problem, and probably not demons.

God bless you
I have heard the same thing and also remember this being presented in the movie as well. The reason is that, since Jesus is widely understood to have died on the cross at 3PM, the demons are active at around 3AM to mock the Holy Trinity. My wife is sort of sensitive to spirits, and she has noticed weird phenomena at around 3AM (noises, apparitions, etc.).

Whether this is true, or just a mind over matter type of thing, I can’t say.
 
The devil loves darkness, but he does not get his own hour.

If the devil were to choose an hour, though, I do not think it would be the same hour of the night that St. Benedict chose for Matins. Would the devil choose to prowl the very hour that the monks all rose for prayer?

As for what all the cult-y types are doing, these are made-up religions invented in the the 1960s or 1970s. A bunch of them claim to be the secretly-handed-down religious practices of their grandmothers, but there is little or no evidence for that. It is invented history, a grasp at indulging one’s eccentric fantasies by identifying with disenfranchised who inconveniently never existed.

This makes sense to me:
I had a major depression many years ago and used to wake up every night around 3am and could not go back to sleep. The psychiatrist that treated me told me that 3am was called the “depressive hour” because that is when most people suffering from depression and anxiety wake up. He said this is very common. A person’s sleep habits are a part of the psychiatric evaluation.

I do know that sleep is cyclic, with periods of REM sleep and periods of lighter sleep, so perhaps people wake at this time because they are coming out of a REM cycle. But I don’t really know. I do know that if a peson does not get enough REM sleep, the effects on the body are major and they can experience depression and anxiety, poor judgment, delayed reaction times, etc.

I don’t really believe in the “witching” hour theory. I think there is more likely a physiological basis for people to wake at this time, because it is a very common experience.
A lot of people are awake, anxious, and unable to return to sleep at 3 am. They are laying in their beds listening to the normal groanings of the house. That would explain a lot. I would think that odd things happen at all hours of the night, but that somewhere between 3-4 am is the most likely time for someone to awake and notice it happening.
 
Wait! :eek:

Forget the “devil’s hour” and all that superstitious nonsense. You wake your husband up at 3AM???

No wonder you’re having troubles. Get a crossword puzzle or something and behave. The man needs his sleep. He probably is wondering what your deal is. I wouldn’t blame him.
 
There is a symptom of depression called “terminal insomnia:” The sufferer wakes up much earlier than the time they wanted to wake up, and is unable to get back to sleep. It’s called “terminal” because it occurs toward the “terminus,” or end of the night, any time after 2 AM. It’s not “terminal” in the sense that a particular cancer is “terminal.” In other words, it won’t kill you.

Don’t just lie there and think of demonic influence. Get up. Get a glass of warm milk. Or try some carbohydrates–pasta with butter and cheese, or maybe a turkey sandwich (there’s a sleep-inducing hormone called tryptophan in turkey.) Take a warm bath. Don’t bug your husband (if my husband woke me up at 3 AM unless the house was on fire, I’d beat him with a pillow–LOL!)

Do some housework, if you can manage to do so without waking up the entire house. Do some paperwork. Balance your checkbook. Read something really boring. My favorite is “The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.” I bought all four volumes twenty years ago when I was experiencing insomnia, and have only managed to slog through a quarter of the first volume. If you don’t find yourself wanting to doze after a few pages of that, mention the fact to your doctor at your next physical.
 
I hope this is not a repeated post as I tried to answer and not sure it took
YOU ARE NOT ALONE
I too am a 3 am person. Didn’t know why, I get up at 5 for work but couldn’t figure out why I got up at 3 am every day. Sure I watch paranormal state And all…but not possessed or obsessed.
I did some research and found there are lots of us. The answers were all the same to do the chaplet at 3 am
What I figured is when it is 3am here around the world where it is 3 pm nobody is praying the chaplet. As long as we pray the Lord Almighty will not drop his hand of chastisement
There is a story where a woman had a padre pio rosary (touched to his body with a relic in the center bead), She was awakened at 3am by the strong putrid smell of cigars - we know he smoked cigars- and she got up to do the chaplet. Well, she fell asleep and was awakened with a strong, gruff, stern male voice saying …wake up, you didn’t finish the chaplet. So of course she got up to finish it.
That’s enough for me
Even when I get up at 3 am, and then up for work At 5am, I sleep so well and feel so rested when I get up for work
 
I have learned that 3:00pm is a powerful hour for prayer. Now is 3:00am hour the devil’s hour?

I ask this because, at this time my marriage has been going through troubling times. Although I pray in the morning and pray the rosary at night. I have been waking up almost everyday within the 3:00am hour. Upset, waking up my husband just to tell him how much he has hurt me. I can not stand it…and I now it is unhealthy for us to do this. Could it be that devil is trying to break me???
I don’t know anything about the devil hour, but I do know that if I wake up around that time my mind is full of doubt and dread, I feel that I can’t achieve anything etc…

The reason for this usually is because stage 1 sleep has been interupted, it has also been reported in shift workers who sleep during the day… there is a time similar to what a normal sleepers 3am would be, in which they too experience negative emotions.

I think you should try and accept that it is the amazing human mind processing your experiences, and that it is not at all a spiritual experience. Grab your rosary and pray until you fall asleep… works for me!

If I wake up at 3am I will start praying for you, we can help each other :hug1:
 
Grab your rosary and pray until you fall asleep… works for me!
Me too. Sometimes I’ll just start reciting it even without the beads. Father Martin (author of My Life with the Saints and others) kept a rosary on his bedpost as a child and said Hail Mary’s until he fell a sleep.
 
The witching hour thing comes from Christian traditions. It goes from about Midnight till 3:15am. The idea being it is the reverse of the passion Noon till 3:15pm/

I do know many that are having trouble from Christians praying they will convert find that doing counter spells is easiest during this time, as well as those occultist involved in spirtual warfare with Christians find this to be a great time to work.

Make of it what ye will.
 
The witching hour thing comes from Christian traditions. It goes from about Midnight till 3:15am. The idea being it is the reverse of the passion Noon till 3:15pm/

I do know many that are having trouble from Christians praying they will convert find that doing counter spells is easiest during this time, as well as those occultist involved in spirtual warfare with Christians find this to be a great time to work.

Make of it what ye will.
Unfortunately for those trying to do “counter spells” they are uttering empty words against the impregnable fortress that is Christ. If your friends are in so much fear should they not consider placing value on their soul and coming to Christ for forgiveness?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top