D
dalcent
Guest
When I was a member of various Pentecostal churches my whole social life revolved around it. I had scores of friends, loads of girls wanted me as a husband (one rather lovely lady succeeded). There were always trips, prayer meetings, barbecues, house groups, Christmas parties. People were friendly: ‘you shall know them by their love.’ I was well known and loved and appreciated by all!
So now, I’ve been going to a Catholic church for 4+ years and guess how many friends I have in the world? Zero. Nil. Zilch. ‘Billy No-mates’ as they say in England.
Fortunately I’ve got a wife a lot of kids so I’m not lonely but I still think the situation is pathetic. No one ever has anything to do with you after Mass. There is no social interaction. Unless I decide to join the Church ‘Beer drinking bar’ Community Centre and get drunk with all the old Irishmen who (I think) don’t even go to the church. People don’t even look each other in the eye when giving the ‘handshake of peace.’
I’m really, really upset by this!I have decided to my break my questions up into a number of posts because I’m looking for real answers and don’t want to be accused of making a ‘buckshot’ attack.
So now, I’ve been going to a Catholic church for 4+ years and guess how many friends I have in the world? Zero. Nil. Zilch. ‘Billy No-mates’ as they say in England.
Fortunately I’ve got a wife a lot of kids so I’m not lonely but I still think the situation is pathetic. No one ever has anything to do with you after Mass. There is no social interaction. Unless I decide to join the Church ‘Beer drinking bar’ Community Centre and get drunk with all the old Irishmen who (I think) don’t even go to the church. People don’t even look each other in the eye when giving the ‘handshake of peace.’
I’m really, really upset by this!I have decided to my break my questions up into a number of posts because I’m looking for real answers and don’t want to be accused of making a ‘buckshot’ attack.