54 day Rosary Novena. x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelka

New member
Last year and earlier this year I prayed the 54 day Rosary Novena.

Last year I was gobsmacked when my prayer was answered early in the novena and the second time went into it with faith that it would be answered (not in a presumptuous way but due to the earlier one).

The other day it was the first thing that came into my mind when a problem arose but I felt I didn’t have any strength to pray it but it is still in my mind, I guess I will start a new one.

I’m struggling to get any prayers out today.

Is it really God calling me to pray because I hear we never initiate prayer?
 
It truly could be Him calling to you.

It is so wonderful that your request was granted through the novena. I have prayed it before, and while my request hasn’t been granted yet, I felt a lot of peace while praying it.

Another beautiful novena is to Mary, Undoer of Knots.
 
Remember, prayer changes us. It is vital to our spiritual growth!

Just do not think any novena is a magic sauce that will guarantee your wish is granted.
 
Don’t take this the wrong way, Nelka, but I think the way you approach prayer itself is off. You seemed really, really focused on saying a particular prayer in exactly the right way, with the expectation that it will lead to a certain result. I know I’ve said this before, but prayer is not a magic spell or a video game cheat code. Your relationship with God is a relationship in which you are loved beyond all description. It’s not you dealing with a faceless bureaucrat who is just waiting to see if you filled out a form exactly right. The important thing is that you pray sincerely and devotedly, not that you find some particular prayer with the expectation that it’s some kind of incantation that will guarantee a result.

I’m not saying don’t pray this novena. By all means, do. But I wonder if the way you approach prayer is a bit off.
 
Probably although if it was just left to me I would end up praying about 10 seconds per day which would get shorter over time.
 
Fr Dubay wrote a wonderful book called “The Prayer Primer”. I highly recommend it
 
Probably although if it was just left to me I would end up praying about 10 seconds per day which would get shorter over time.
Yeah, I mean, I’m not saying praying certain prayers is bad by any means. I’m just saying you should try to enter into conversation with God, not just think “well, if I recite this prayer in a specific way like a robot, the thing I want to happen will happen.” Again, they’re not magic spells.
 
I’ve always struggled with the whole sitting quietly in adoration and just listening, what am I listening to/for?

Conversation would be me banging on without a reply.

I wouldn’t know where to start with this.
 
That’s okay. Everyone feels a little lost and confused sometimes. But it seems like what you’ve been doing hasn’t led you to a good place, so why not try branching out a bit?
 
If I can suggest another book, Fr Phillipe’s “Time for God” is the best book I know on contemplative prayer.
 
Branching out?
I mean by incorporating more spontaneous, unscripted prayer into your life. You can even start by praying, “Lord, I feel silly doing this, I don’t know how to start, I’m not sure what to say…” etc.

I mean, I’m a layman so take what I say with a grain of salt, but it seems like it might be good for you to focus less on trying to find a particular prayer that is going to have some magical result. Maybe God wants you to start trusting him and not your own ability to find the perfect set of words.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top