A
Andy_K
Guest
After lurking on CAF (and the popular media forum in particular) for the past 3+years, I’ve seen firsthand how Catholic faithful utilize media to enrich their lives and faithfully live their vocations.
Movies, books, music…evaluating both the artistic nuances and moral themes of these media is never a problem for CAFfers, and a plethora of external sources also offer valid, insightful criticism exist beyond CAF for these purposes, as well.
Yet video games seem to have been shafted, relegated only to the youth-oriented (and, granted, quite excellent) Lifeteen.com. Unfrotunately, due to the nature of the website, they can only a small amount of titles per year, and are easily overshadowed by the more visible, up-to-date review sites such as 1up.com, gamespy, ign.com, etc.
The lack of truly “Catholic” video game reviews is something I find to be somewhat befuddling, and I’d love to remedy the situation if I could.
So, what does everyone think of the idea? Is it worth pursuing? Anyone interested?
Movies, books, music…evaluating both the artistic nuances and moral themes of these media is never a problem for CAFfers, and a plethora of external sources also offer valid, insightful criticism exist beyond CAF for these purposes, as well.
Yet video games seem to have been shafted, relegated only to the youth-oriented (and, granted, quite excellent) Lifeteen.com. Unfrotunately, due to the nature of the website, they can only a small amount of titles per year, and are easily overshadowed by the more visible, up-to-date review sites such as 1up.com, gamespy, ign.com, etc.
The lack of truly “Catholic” video game reviews is something I find to be somewhat befuddling, and I’d love to remedy the situation if I could.
So, what does everyone think of the idea? Is it worth pursuing? Anyone interested?