A Conservative Answer to Michael Moore

• Thread starter Thread starter Sirach14
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like documentaries. One of my favorites came out of Canada called “The Corporation”.

The above article about Mr Maloney was a little shy on actual details about the documentary, guess they don’t want to give it away, and make you want to go see for yourself. I’m a little beyond the university age. “In my days” the university culture seemed very open. Guess I need to see the movie to see what’s changed.

As with anything, the best way to watch any documentary is with an open and intelligent mind. Research the facts for yourself. The following quote describes the need for all kinds of documentaries.
After staking out the director for four days with a fancy new Panasonic digital video recorder, Mr. Maloney confronted Mr. Moore on a sidewalk on the Upper West Side, with the intention of provoking a flustered reaction from him. Mr. Maloney wanted to needle him with pointed questions about liberal bias in Hollywood and then post the footage on his Web log, Brain-terminal.com.
Mr. Moore, as it turned out, was game for the interview. He calmly told Mr. Maloney that documentary filmmaking “should be open to all people of all political persuasions.”
“It should not just be people who are liberal, or left-of-center, or whatever,” the Oscar-winner said. “Make your movies, and then the people will respond or not respond to them.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back