A couple prophetic quotes about today from ancient times

• Thread starter Thread starter workinprogress
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I would just like to add a few things. These are private revelations. The Church does not tell us that we must believe them, although if they are from a Saint and genuine one should give them careful consideration. It should be noted that private revelations of Saints about our Lords and our Lady’s life sometimes show variations in the events that they saw in the visions. There are some contradictions. They are also meant to be useful for pious reasons such as meditation on our Lords life.
But the Church tells us that the accounts given in the bible must be believed. They are 100% reliable. And this is the point Fr Ambrose is making I believe.At least I hope I am right.

Yours in Jesus, Mary and Joseph

John

40.png
tru_dvotion:
All that we need to know has been revealed in the Bible. The readiness for the last days and the unknown hour of Christ’s return has a personal dimension. For all those who have waited and will wait for the second coming, only a very small percentage will actually be among the living at the time. All those who would have passed on had their last days already. Would it not make more sense to be ready for one’s own end rather than to ready oneself for the collective end?
Well put. Although I must admit I sometimes find myself fantasizing about what the event (the second coming) would be like if I were here, still alive to witness it. I often hope it is on a Monday morning. Right after I am get my bacon egg and cheese on a croissant and begin those last few steps to my cubical just before I log in and get my emails for the day.

I had a dream of the second coming. If I am a prophet it will likely be a mid winter evening after dark. Not much fanfare at first, just a wonderous decent from the sky and a realization that everything else has now become meaningless.

But like you Tru, I think about the odds. And odds are, I’ll be 6 feet under at the time. BUT, ready for my glorified body (maybe even with hair).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back