A dream about going to confession

  • Thread starter Thread starter Norm_The_Robot
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Norm_The_Robot

Guest
Last night I had this really intense dream about going to confession. Very strange. I the dream I was at a really big church like a modern-ish cathedral. For some reason which I do not know I had to go to confession…it was really important and there was a lot of pressure on me to go. I think someone even had me by the arm (I don’t know who) and was pulling me up on the altar. I deserately did not want to go and ended up pulling my arm away and ran off without doing the confession. A very unusual dream for me. I never have religious sort of dreams.

I have not been to confession in like 30 years…since I made my first communion I think. And the thought of going to confession really does make me uncomfortable.
 
Confession used to make me extremely extremely uncomfortable, but I found that gradually the more I did it, the easier it got.

It still is a little uncomfortable, but not nearly like in the beginning.

Confession is good for us. Give us peace, and washes away our sins.
 
it is really not a big deal to go to confession

reflect upon your transgressions, sit (or kneel) before the priest express your confession honestly, accept your pennance and receive absolution

you will feel like you have won the lottery like a load of bricks has been lifted from your back
 
confession in most american parishes is done an hour or an hour and and half before the 5 pm saturday vigil mass

sometimes there is a line for confession, sometimes there is not

just go to your local parish church btwn 4-5 pm; go to confession then go to 5 pm mass and receive the eucharist

trust me you will feel like a million bucks
 
I’ve been told our dreams are telling us something. Seems like yours is telling you to go to confession but you have fear of it. That is understandable after so many years.

The best way is to get the “examination of conscience” booklet. Most churches have it at the front of the church. That will help you see what you need to confess.

If it has been 30 years it’s probably best to make an appointment with a priest so you can talk about it. That is a long time if you have been going to Mass and communion.

I once had a dream about my teeth falling out. I knew it was time to go back to the dentist. Our subconsciousness does that care of us more than we know.
 
respectfully i am going to go ahead and disagree

i would not make an appointment for confession i would go ASAP to regular saturday confession which is less than 48 hrs away
 
Last night I had this really intense dream about going to confession. Very strange. I the dream I was at a really big church like a modern-ish cathedral. For some reason which I do not know I had to go to confession…it was really important and there was a lot of pressure on me to go. I think someone even had me by the arm (I don’t know who) and was pulling me up on the altar. I deserately did not want to go and ended up pulling my arm away and ran off without doing the confession. A very unusual dream for me. I never have religious sort of dreams.

I have not been to confession in like 30 years…since I made my first communion I think. And the thought of going to confession really does make me uncomfortable.
I’m actually not sure what it means.

However, at least sometimes, dreams show us our fears, some of which we are afraid to admit to even ourselves or are consciously unaware of.
 
It can show us what our feelings are about something.

I guess I would say, on some level, you feel pressured to do this, that you absolutely must, but are afraid to, uncomfortable, don’t want to, like in the dream…that those are your feelings, that you are resisting going (right or wrong) out of fear or discomfort.
 
I also had the feeling, from listening to the dream, like you were a child, instead of an adult, being led, unwillingly, by the arm. It sounds like something we might have happen when we are quite young, even before adolescence.

The others seem to be in power, authority, sort of like older than you, parental.
 
Oh yes, and you said they considered it to be really urgent. Indeed, there is a lot of pressure on us to go to confession in order to be able to receive communion, and more.
 
You might have been afraid because you knew you weren’t ready to go, like you hadn’t prepared before hand for it and wouldn’t know what to say. That is why I recommended the booklet to examine you conscience. It is really helpful.

I was also told if we dream of a stranger it’s usually us. So if you didn’t know who was pulling your arm, it just might have been you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top