A Face Book page called, "Virgin mary should have aborted"

  • Thread starter Thread starter Br_Pio
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s interesting how many comments I saw during the whole Kirk Cameron thing that defended Facebook blocking links to his movie by claiming that Facebook immediately takes down any pro-atheist and anti-Christian pages or content.
 
Those posts on facebook are just silly,they are all fallacy,I pray may God have mercy on their souls for them to repent. It is not issue to discuss at all
 
This page on FB is another proof that prayers and sacrifices are needed by believers to stem the time of evil.

They are our enemies…we need to pray for them as our Lord instructed.
 
I just reported this page and got a response that my report was processed within minutes. Here is the policy page linked for me, and here is a quote thereof:
Hate Speech Facebook does not permit hate speech, but distinguishes between serious and humorous speech. While we encourage you to challenge ideas, institutions, events, and practices, we do not permit individuals or groups to attack others based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or medical condition.
So I suppose they view it as humorous. It’s sad and disgusting but not surprising at all. Facebook is a cesspit.

For all others who have an account on that cesspit, here’s how to report it: Go to the link. Click the gear symbol next to “Like”. Click “Report”. Click “This page shouldn’t be on Facebook”. Click “Hate Speech”. A dialog results, make sure to tick “Report to Facebook” or it won’t go at all.

I made the mistake of selecting “Harassment” so perhaps they just dismissed it out of hand. I tried again with the hate speech angle, we’ll see.
 
I just reported this page and got a response that my report was processed within minutes. Here is the policy page linked for me, and here is a quote thereof:

So I suppose they view it as humorous. It’s sad and disgusting but not surprising at all. Facebook is a cesspit.

For all others who have an account on that cesspit, here’s how to report it: Go to the link. Click the gear symbol next to “Like”. Click “Report”. Click “This page shouldn’t be on Facebook”. Click “Hate Speech”. A dialog results, make sure to tick “Report to Facebook” or it won’t go at all.

I made the mistake of selecting “Harassment” so perhaps they just dismissed it out of hand. I tried again with the hate speech angle, we’ll see.
👍 I just reported it as hate speech. I know they act in a heartbeat if something can be construed as anti-gay hate speech. I suspect this will be allowed to stay up, though.
 
Thank you for taking the time to report something that you feel may violate our Community Standards. Reports like yours are an important part of making Facebook a safe and welcoming environment. We reviewed the page you reported for containing hate speech or symbols and found it doesn’t violate our community standard on hate speech.
I have a friend who had his account shut down for using the phrase, “that’s queer,” too often. It’s something he’s said since at least high school or college and was never intended as a derogatory comment. It was deemed hate speech by Facebook, though.
 
An update. The page has been unpublished by FB, but they started a new one called, “The Virgin Mary STILL should of aborted.” I have already reported it. I’m sure this one will get shut down too. It contains the same trash as there previous page.
 
An update. The page has been unpublished by FB, but they started a new one called, “The Virgin Mary STILL should of aborted.” I have already reported it. I’m sure this one will get shut down too. It contains the same trash as there previous page.
I can’t tell you how sickened i was when i saw that (all credit to catholic memes for sharing it), i reported it ofcourse, but never have i felt so sickened by a facebook page. On the brighter side of things, not only is their new pages violating the same things as before, but it also falls under the category of spam now, which means it SHOULD be taken down sooner
 
We should challenge that guy Steve Sims i think he is the “author” of this whole thing, to a debate about God’s existence HERE since he believes he is such a scientist and atheism is flawless. What do you think?
 
The atheists who create these offensive pages usually do so merely to illicit responses from believers. If they want to refuse to believe in God that’s their problem, but when they do stunts such as PZ Myers desecrating the Eucharist to now creating crude pages on Facebook, it merely shows their true immature nature. :dts:
 
Apparently the terrible page is back up. Here’s the latest:

theblaze.com/stories/2014/05/29/risen-from-the-grave-battle-over-virgin-mary-shouldve-aborted-facebook-page-continues/
It’s been on again, off again for a controversial anti-Christian Facebook page at the center of a heated First Amendment debate. Just days after a pro-life group claimed victory in having the “Virgin Mary Should’ve Aborted“ page removed for violating Facebook’s standards, it is once again active.
The contentious page, which pokes fun at Christian theology and organized religion, was apparently removed Friday following new-found complaints from the leader of Project Wildwire, a pro-life group that opposes Planned Parenthood…
veneremurcernui.wordpress.com/2014/06/03/im-taking-down-my-facebook-page/
Since Facebook has seen fit, over the past year, to permit a blasphemous page called “The Virgin Mary Should Have Aborted,” complete with all manner of blasphemous images and hatred for Christ and His Church, I am deleting my account immediately. I do so, furthermore, in the knowledge that Facebook has refused to shut down this nauseatingly evil and desperate little attempt at attention gathering for months, even while pages offensive to islam and other religions are shut down as soon as there is even a single complaint…
lifesitenews.com/news/facebook-reinstates-offensive-virgin-mary-shouldve-aborted-page-christian-a
MILWAUKEE, May 23, 2014 (LifeSiteNews.com) – The head of a Christian ministry that succeeded in having an anti-Christian hate page removed from Facebook last year is taking action once again after discovering the page has been reinstated…
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top