A few words on marriage... from a husband's perspective

  • Thread starter Thread starter Debora123
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great article. We all need to be like that, my priest talked about this in one his homilies, about how we are called to love our spouses but how much are we really loving them when we disrespect them and our marriages when we bad talk them to the world.

I am not married yet but I know that is something I am going in knowing and will work hard at, also I am looking for a man who understands this as well.

Thank you for sharing the link.
 
This is awesome! 🙂
This had shown me that being very spoony in marriage is a beautiful and good thing. 🙂
 
“I assume at the end of the day that she has had a worse day than I have, and I treat her that way. She in turn does the same. (This was, as with most good ideas, her advice: that the secret to a happy marriage is for each spouse to assume that the other has had a harder day.)”
👍
Thanks for sharing! May God bless you!
 
Thanks for sharing! This really is excellent advice for anyone to think over, married or not. We need to, as a society, stop denigrating the sacrament and instead build it up in its beauty and goodness. 👍
 
“I assume at the end of the day that she has had a worse day than I have, and I treat her that way. She in turn does the same. (This was, as with most good ideas, her advice: that the secret to a happy marriage is for each spouse to assume that the other has had a harder day.)”
👍
Thanks for sharing! May God bless you!
These words stuck out to me too!
 
Great article. Married for three months, I have been taken aback by people (strangers!) making comments during our engagement and now about how awful marriage is and how I’ll find out soon. Often said in joking tones, they just weren’t funny.

I guess the only response to negativity is to say “God bless you” and hope they will work with grace and have a true conversion of heart.

Article has inspired me to be vigilant about how I depict marriage to others. Young people have enough anti-marriage propaganda that they certainly don’t need to hear it from fellow believers!
 
The other day my husband and I were hanging out with some friends, trying out a new hobby or whatever, and one friend said to me that he hoped I ended up liking it, as we had set aside a block of time that, as I am self-employed, could have been used at work, and as we had to arrange for child-care. I laughed and told him that it didn’t matter whether I liked the activity or not. No time was a waste when I got to spend time with my husband. Our friend rolled his eyes, but he also later admitted that seeing the spectacular marriage that my husband and I share has kept him from settling for a relationship like the ones our other friends have.

I love my husband, and I have never and shall never speak ill of him.
 
The other day my husband and I were hanging out with some friends, trying out a new hobby or whatever, and one friend said to me that he hoped I ended up liking it, as we had set aside a block of time that, as I am self-employed, could have been used at work, and as we had to arrange for child-care. I laughed and told him that it didn’t matter whether I liked the activity or not. No time was a waste when I got to spend time with my husband. Our friend rolled his eyes, but he also later admitted that seeing the spectacular marriage that my husband and I share has kept him from settling for a relationship like the ones our other friends have.

I love my husband, and I have never and shall never speak ill of him.
I used to nit pick and complain about my husband sometimes to other people back when we were still dating. It wasn’t ever anything awful (as there was never anything awful to complain about), but I still found the silliest things to complain about.

Getting married and finally becoming one with this person helped me to realize how shameful and awful it was of me to speak ill of him. I totally relate to what the author is saying - speaking ill of my spouse would be like speaking ill of myself, of my own heart and soul.

I have nothing but great things to say about this man. All I can do is keep trying everyday to be someone who deserve such a wonderful person, though I know I never will be.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top