S
seekingjesus405
Guest
Hello members,
Please only Catholics respond. And I pray you do, as I am in need of your help.
I really have some questions, and like many people I have come to form these questions from personal experience, which I must explain to some extent.
I was raised in the church of the Nazarene, due to the influence of my dear grandmother. My mother, who I lived with most of the time lived in sin for much of my growing years (until later), and never knew my father. The Church does recognize the baptism which I received in the Nazarene church, and so I know that I’ve received Jesus through confession and through baptism.
Fast-forward to my adult life, I was married to a charismatic (“Full Gospel”) minister and after 9 years and no children we did divorce. And I later remarried and remain in this marriage. We are currently not attending any church. Throughout my adult life I have been rather studious in Scriptures and have come to realize that so much of the doctrine I had received was “off” just enough that the very Word of God had actually fallen upon ground that was truly NOT ready for a truthful interpretation of the Gospel. As I’ve looked on further, I can see that I have missed the ultimate calling to be fully a part of God’s Holy Church in full communion…
I’ve attended the local Catholic Church many times. At one point I spoke at length with the priest, who was very kind, regarding options I may have to become Catholic. He explained the option of annulment of my first marriage, so that I may go through the learning processes and confirmation and be eligible to receive the sacraments of the Church. What I find is that my conscience will not allow me to seek annulment, as doing so would indeed greatly offend my first husband. It would basically call the marriage void and I cannot do this in a fully Christian spirit. I do not believe (and I hope you can confirm this) that my salvation and relationship with Jesus is void if I do not become fully reconciled to the Church; however, I know in my heart and soul that doing so would benefit me greatly. But while I would benefit myself greatly, as I have prayed and prayed over this, it is wrong for me to be benefited at the hurt of another Christian (my first husband).
So now that I have explained this situation, my greatest question is, of what parts of the Church, of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit and the Blessed Mother may I partake? Can God still bless my life? Can He use me in His service as a wife and (now, through adoption) a mother?
My heart is so heavy. I am grieving the opportunity that I lost, forfeited. What possible revelations of TRUTH will I be permitted to receive? Oh how I wish I could start all over. I deeply call out to Jesus for His help, from my lips but so much more with words unspoken. I know I am nothing, that I deserve nothing. I feel that I am only partly God’s because of these things. So far I only find comfort in Romans Chapter 8. I don’t know how to actually establish a relationship with Mary, but I do feel honor for her gentleness and am greatly in need of her comfort and wisdom. And of God’s protection of my soul.
Thank you for reading.
Please only Catholics respond. And I pray you do, as I am in need of your help.
I really have some questions, and like many people I have come to form these questions from personal experience, which I must explain to some extent.
I was raised in the church of the Nazarene, due to the influence of my dear grandmother. My mother, who I lived with most of the time lived in sin for much of my growing years (until later), and never knew my father. The Church does recognize the baptism which I received in the Nazarene church, and so I know that I’ve received Jesus through confession and through baptism.
Fast-forward to my adult life, I was married to a charismatic (“Full Gospel”) minister and after 9 years and no children we did divorce. And I later remarried and remain in this marriage. We are currently not attending any church. Throughout my adult life I have been rather studious in Scriptures and have come to realize that so much of the doctrine I had received was “off” just enough that the very Word of God had actually fallen upon ground that was truly NOT ready for a truthful interpretation of the Gospel. As I’ve looked on further, I can see that I have missed the ultimate calling to be fully a part of God’s Holy Church in full communion…
I’ve attended the local Catholic Church many times. At one point I spoke at length with the priest, who was very kind, regarding options I may have to become Catholic. He explained the option of annulment of my first marriage, so that I may go through the learning processes and confirmation and be eligible to receive the sacraments of the Church. What I find is that my conscience will not allow me to seek annulment, as doing so would indeed greatly offend my first husband. It would basically call the marriage void and I cannot do this in a fully Christian spirit. I do not believe (and I hope you can confirm this) that my salvation and relationship with Jesus is void if I do not become fully reconciled to the Church; however, I know in my heart and soul that doing so would benefit me greatly. But while I would benefit myself greatly, as I have prayed and prayed over this, it is wrong for me to be benefited at the hurt of another Christian (my first husband).
So now that I have explained this situation, my greatest question is, of what parts of the Church, of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit and the Blessed Mother may I partake? Can God still bless my life? Can He use me in His service as a wife and (now, through adoption) a mother?
My heart is so heavy. I am grieving the opportunity that I lost, forfeited. What possible revelations of TRUTH will I be permitted to receive? Oh how I wish I could start all over. I deeply call out to Jesus for His help, from my lips but so much more with words unspoken. I know I am nothing, that I deserve nothing. I feel that I am only partly God’s because of these things. So far I only find comfort in Romans Chapter 8. I don’t know how to actually establish a relationship with Mary, but I do feel honor for her gentleness and am greatly in need of her comfort and wisdom. And of God’s protection of my soul.
Thank you for reading.