B
Born_Again12
Guest
Hello friends
I’m from India and a Protestant-Christian of Baptist faith. I was born a Hindu and was always attracted to the teachings of Christ. Somehow it compelled me to believe that no way could you reach salvation by praying to hundreds of gods and goddesses. I’m not against anyone because of their religion but I strongly believe the only way your soul could be saved is through Jesus.
I joined this forum to shoot a few questions directly to the Catholics. Forgive me if I sound a bit harsh but I fail to agree with Catholic doctrine even though I’m fully aware Catholics pray to the same Jesus as we (Protestants) do. What I’m here is to find common ground however for a True Protestant, it’s really difficult to treat a Catholic as a “brother in faith”. I wouldn’t use the harsh terminology Protestants throw at Catholics calling you “a corrupt church” and “perverting the Scripture” etc. (Sorry if I have used harsh language at your own forum but I’m just telling it the way it is).
1.First point of difference, Catholics don’t use or can’t use the King James Version of Bible. Anyone who’s read the KJV will tell you it’s majestic and since it was based directly on Textus Receptus and older Hebrew manuscripts, the most accurate Bible. God’s word is synonymous with KJV. Other translations such as NIV, NAB, ESV - I’m not judging them but they are inaccurate at so many levels. The meanings change, the KJV is the most divinely inspired Bible in the world.
In my humble opinion, Catholicism is a much shallower faith than Protestant and especially Baptist Christianity.
I’m sorry again if I used harsh words but what I have written are the general feelings of KJV-Bible reading Protestants on the subject of Catholicism.
So let me summarize it, Christianity should be rather simple → You’re a Christian = You follow God’s word = God’s word is in the Bible = You read the Bible and live a Christian life. End of story, all the rituals and meaningless rites of Catholism, I don’t understand where they fit in here.
I’m from India and a Protestant-Christian of Baptist faith. I was born a Hindu and was always attracted to the teachings of Christ. Somehow it compelled me to believe that no way could you reach salvation by praying to hundreds of gods and goddesses. I’m not against anyone because of their religion but I strongly believe the only way your soul could be saved is through Jesus.
I joined this forum to shoot a few questions directly to the Catholics. Forgive me if I sound a bit harsh but I fail to agree with Catholic doctrine even though I’m fully aware Catholics pray to the same Jesus as we (Protestants) do. What I’m here is to find common ground however for a True Protestant, it’s really difficult to treat a Catholic as a “brother in faith”. I wouldn’t use the harsh terminology Protestants throw at Catholics calling you “a corrupt church” and “perverting the Scripture” etc. (Sorry if I have used harsh language at your own forum but I’m just telling it the way it is).
1.First point of difference, Catholics don’t use or can’t use the King James Version of Bible. Anyone who’s read the KJV will tell you it’s majestic and since it was based directly on Textus Receptus and older Hebrew manuscripts, the most accurate Bible. God’s word is synonymous with KJV. Other translations such as NIV, NAB, ESV - I’m not judging them but they are inaccurate at so many levels. The meanings change, the KJV is the most divinely inspired Bible in the world.
- Same goes with the Apocypha which you consider as part of the Bible, 1 and 2 Maccabees etc. I don’t see how we can ever agree on basic differences in Scripture.
- From there we get down to the meaningless rituals such as feast for the saints, praying for the souls of your dead ancestors, venerating Saints, appointing the Pope as God’s representative on Earth, Mass ceremonies,
- From there we get down to concepts like Purgatory which would appear blasphemous to Protestant ears.
- Confession boxes, priests calling themselves “fathers” and priests and nuns remaining celibate for their whole lives…the KJV tells me that Jesus wants you to marry and be fruitful and not lead an ascetic’s life.
In my humble opinion, Catholicism is a much shallower faith than Protestant and especially Baptist Christianity.
I’m sorry again if I used harsh words but what I have written are the general feelings of KJV-Bible reading Protestants on the subject of Catholicism.
So let me summarize it, Christianity should be rather simple → You’re a Christian = You follow God’s word = God’s word is in the Bible = You read the Bible and live a Christian life. End of story, all the rituals and meaningless rites of Catholism, I don’t understand where they fit in here.