S
Sir_Knight
Guest
I clearly remember being taught in my youth that Jesus was just like us in all things except sin. My understanding is that since sin is an offense against God and since Jesus is God, it would not even be possible for Jesus to sin.
Well, my daughter, who is preparing for her first confession and first communion this year came home yesterday and while reviewing what she had learned in school that day, I was shocked to hear that she was being taught that Jesus DID sin and that Mary was the only sinless person to walk the earth. According to the DRE, Jesus sinned when He threw the peddlers out of the temple.
Comments? Opinions? Suggestions? …
Well, my daughter, who is preparing for her first confession and first communion this year came home yesterday and while reviewing what she had learned in school that day, I was shocked to hear that she was being taught that Jesus DID sin and that Mary was the only sinless person to walk the earth. According to the DRE, Jesus sinned when He threw the peddlers out of the temple.
Comments? Opinions? Suggestions? …
- *]Can anyone offer biblical or church references to show that the DRE is incorrect?
*] Should I take any action with regards to the DRE’s incorrect teaching? Contact her? Contact the pastor? Just let it slide?