B
belmontmac
Guest
I agree, the Mass I originally mentioned was so crowded, the celebrant started the Mass 15 minutes early, as he later said to me while saying he had almost run out of hosts, that nobody else could get into the Church, there is only so much room, so he started early. It is a rather large Church, seated capacity is probably 1000, and they had the Narthex jamed with folding chairs, and still standing room only, barely. It was no surprise that this would be the most attended Mass, much anticipated, but so much more so than even he expected, again a great thing, in my opinion.We ran out the day of the big snow storm the Sunday before Christmas. I guess everyone waited to go until the 5PM. We did have an extra ciborium prepared in case there were more people than usual but the sacristian didn’t put it on the table and the priest didn’t realize that it wasn’t there until after he started distributing. So we ran out with about 50 people left. They broke the hosts as small as possible and Father apologised and explained that it is not necessary to receive communion at every mass. We really didn’t hear complaints. I guess given the snow situation people understood. We had over 800 at a mass that usually gets about 450 people. The good thing is that all these people thought it was important enough to brave the snow and come to Mass.